Sundown Audio

AQ

RyanJ

So I feel like a total failure posting so many posts about the same topic, but I'm still confused. People want me to get the AQ2200D for future builds, since I wont have any upgraded electrical besides Big III. So I was wondering, is it safer to just get the AQ1200D? I was going to get the AQ2200D just because the more wattage and I could just set the gains on it for 1500, but then I realized I doubt I'm going to upgrade my system until I get a job, which wont be for long, so should I just go with the AQ1200D? I mean, the 1200D should run 2 Sundown Audio SA-12's Dual 4 Just fine, right? Everything stock besides Big III electrical wise. Please let me know. Thank you.

And I have another quick question, my friend has 2 15" Kicker CVR claiming 2k watts, but I doubt it really is. Would my Sundowns / AQ sound better then his kickers? Please let me know. Thank you.

-Ryan

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

-Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415

If you run the AQ2200 you will almost certainly need an alt and a better batt or extra batt. You can probably run the 1200 with stock charging system and big 3 just fine. The question is, will you be happy with the 1200? What happens when you get the extra money and want more sound? You are with an amp you no longer want and want moar power. I would hold off, get the amp, but don't install it. Save up for an alt, and possibly a batt and then do it all at once. These things take time. If you don't do it right the first time, you will find yourself doing it all over again....

Then again, that is what car audio is about in a way. Learning and trial and error. You do what you want to do, what you think is right, because you are the one with the money and the idea. Build it your way. I am just telling you how I would do it. I have been waiting almost 8 months to start my build in my truck, and I only have about 2 weeks to go and it is KILLING ME. So I feel your pain.

BassinBlazer

JL[RF][Kenwood][AQ]

I need a new amp! Sell me your amp!

In my opinion it'd be better to go with the aq2200 first, unless you plan on just buying another 1200 later. (Personally I like to buy things once.)

Your friend has more cone area, and if said power is true then possibly. BUT it all depends on the install, such as; how his enclosure is designed, electrical, etc etc.

Current Build:

1999 Tahoe #ComingSoon

Previous Build(s):

Crossfire Magnum

5k Pontiac G6 GT

If you run the AQ2200 you will almost certainly need an alt and a better batt or extra batt. You can probably run the 1200 with stock charging system and big 3 just fine. The question is, will you be happy with the 1200? What happens when you get the extra money and want more sound? You are with an amp you no longer want and want moar power. I would hold off, get the amp, but don't install it. Save up for an alt, and possibly a batt and then do it all at once. These things take time. If you don't do it right the first time, you will find yourself doing it all over again....

Then again, that is what car audio is about in a way. Learning and trial and error. You do what you want to do, what you think is right, because you are the one with the money and the idea. Build it your way. I am just telling you how I would do it. I have been waiting almost 8 months to start my build in my truck, and I only have about 2 weeks to go and it is KILLING ME. So I feel your pain.

I know exactly what you mean. Of course, I will need a new alt / batteries if I get an AQ2200D, but the question is, even if I wanted more power, could the SA-12's hold 2200watts? I know there underrated, but are they THAT underrated? I'm just saying because right now, I'm 16 and no job, meaning all my money comes from savings. I have money in the bank, but that's for college. So all I have right now is about 800-900$. That gives me enough money for the Subs, AQ2200D, HU, and wiring. It won't give me enough money for an alt / battery, which is an extra 500$ for good quality equipment. The only reason why I might be leaning towards the AQ1200D is because this is my first build, and I have no idea how to set gains, wire, do any of that. So I don't want to mess anything up. You know? If I just get the AQ1200D, I don't have to worry about setting gains, killing my batt, etc. You know?

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

In my opinion it'd be better to go with the aq2200 first, unless you plan on just buying another 1200 later. (Personally I like to buy things once.)

Your friend has more cone area, and if said power is true then possibly. BUT it all depends on the install, such as; how his enclosure is designed, electrical, etc etc.

I would love to go with the AQ2200D too, but my money is in the way. :( And his electrical is stock. His box is to small since it fits in an accord and there's still plenty of room in the trunk. And well... Pretty much it sounds like hes running like 1000 watts. He said something about his amp being a hifonics 2000.. I don't know the EXACT name / model but you get what I mean.

Speakers:

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

i had the same prob so i just went 2 1200ds check my youtube page

NEW

2011 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ

2 XS Power D3400

Kicker HyperFlex 1/0

Soundstream Vir 7870bt

OLD

2010 Jeep Patriot

2 Murdered Out Black DC LVL 4 15s With XL Recones(with 1 extra spider pack a piece)

1 Crescendo BC 3500

1 MB Quart 60.4

1 Set RF T1 6x9s Up Front

1 XS Power D3400(Front)

1 XS Power D3400(Back)

2 runs of 1/0 Kicker Hyperflex

SoundStream Vir 7870bt

Fat Mat Rattle Trap Xtreme

[www.youtube.com/tntravelers33]

FEEDBACK

Ryan ive told you this multiple times before. you wont need to do bigger electrical upgrades if you set your gains (for the 2200 for example) for a lower power. just pick what you want for the money that you have. if you're not going to upgrade for lets say a year or two, then, in my opinion, there is no point in buying a bigger amplifier if you're going to be utilizing the same amount of power as the lower power amplifier.

Ryan ive told you this multiple times before. you wont need to do bigger electrical upgrades if you set your gains (for the 2200 for example) for a lower power. just pick what you want for the money that you have. if you're not going to upgrade for lets say a year or two, then, in my opinion, there is no point in buying a bigger amplifier if you're going to be utilizing the same amount of power as the lower power amplifier.

KRANNY. I was freaking hoping for you to be on chat but you weren't on whenever I was on so I got tired and made a post. LOL. Yeah, I mean.. I doubt Im going to get an alt / batteries in a year or 2. So might as well just get the AQ1200D. Or even just keep the bigger alt for the fuck of it. Idk, we'll see.

If any mod reads this, you can delete the post. Thanks :)

Speakers:

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Agreed. the 1200 will slam those puppies perfect. You will be happy. I promise. :drinks:

BUT

There isn't a point in buying an amp with a whole lot of power you won't be utilizing to the full potential. Especially if there is a long time before you can upgrade.

formerly known as Jaylor Swift

Agreed. the 1200 will slam those puppies perfect. You will be happy. I promise. :drinks:

BUT

There isn't a point in buying an amp with a whole lot of power you won't be utilizing to the full potential. Especially if there is a long time before you can upgrade.

True. If anything, if I do find a job in the time, I'll just buy another 1200D. :D Thanks guys.

Speakers:

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD