Dodge Magnum CROSSFIRE XS 4k,CROSSFIRE XS V3 12's, JL AUDIO SECOND SKIN, XS POWER

Hey guys it's been a while since I was active on here but that should change shortly.

(Link to my previous SOTM Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185572-trunk-finished-ledsplexi-bc5k-zv3s-trunk-build-pca-style/ )

I recently purchased a Dodge Magnum which has been on my "to-own" list for quite some time always been a fan and came across a pretty good deal for one.

So I was very undecided as to what exactly I want to do on this car, being my son was born all of 3 weeks ago and want to make sure I have at least some space in the trunk for a stroller or any other daddy duties in case I need to use this car.

Initially my plan was to run a single 4k on 4 12"s this plan changed into, running a single 15" on a 4k, but currently I more than likely will be running 2 12's on a 4k.

Onto the Equipment!

Here's a list of the items I currently have ready to install:

JL Audio 4 Chan

Image Dynamics For Front Stage

Two XS Power D3100

One XS Power D2700

DC Power 270XP

A ton of Second Skin Sound Deadener/Q-Mat

Now onto the list of items I currently need:

Two 12"s

Decide on final amp, roughly around 4k~

Misc install accessories.

Now here's my dilemma I am very undecided as to what sub/amp combo I am going to run with and will probably decide this over the weekend.

As it sits right now it may either be 2 C7 12's on an XS4k, or Two HDS300 on and M3A.

This build will be done with my buddy Ric from PCA, for those of you who don't know he's the one who did Trippi's hummer with the rockfords in it and several other awesome installs!

Current Build:

1999 Tahoe #ComingSoon

Previous Build(s):

Crossfire Magnum

5k Pontiac G6 GT

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry lol, been pretty busy with work haven't got around to updating.

Here's the a pic of the car as I bought it..

k9YLsjI.jpg

Below is probably the worst radio I've ever had to use... it has no Bluetooth, no AM/FM (who uses that?), an iPod cable can be connected but it won't play music unless it has RCA's, and no Aux. So I've been listening to the a horrible mix of music he had in there from all kinds of genre's.

xfdPVro.jpg

And here's a project I worked on today, wasn't a big fan of the painted head lights...

Mdj9Cyy.jpg

Also just realized these pictures are pretty big, going to have to resize my future ones lol.

Current Build:

1999 Tahoe #ComingSoon

Previous Build(s):

Crossfire Magnum

5k Pontiac G6 GT

So I went into my garage the other day to show my subs to my cousin who was interested in buying them and low and behold what I find.

bHVAxZX.jpg

Asked my niece what had happened to the sub and she tells me oh when we were playing in here last time my nephew was playing in that area with a screwdriver so I'm sure he did... Pity this was about a week ago smh..

Edit:

Is this Fixable? Cosmetics don't matter as long as it can still play..

Current Build:

1999 Tahoe #ComingSoon

Previous Build(s):

Crossfire Magnum

5k Pontiac G6 GT

just cut off the cap and gorilla tape over where it was

Ok cool will do that!

You can carefully pry it off and order a replacement.

Guess its too late to whoop dat ass, but maybe there shouldn't be kids playing in the garage.

They have a habit of going in there everytime we host a party, its the only room that's empty lol but these are tucked away behind a couch so lock pads from now on!

Current Build:

1999 Tahoe #ComingSoon

Previous Build(s):

Crossfire Magnum

5k Pontiac G6 GT

Be8PjA1.jpg

Doing some measuring and stuff and I'm pretty decided I'll be going with 2 C7 12"s and a Crossfire 2k

eVPHDNY.jpg

Big ol' battery will probably be replacing it with a D2700, need to order the terminals for that though.

[imgur](http://i.imgur.com/0Resqpb.jpg)

Was debating on keeping space for my spare tire since I have a kid now and have daddy duties blah blah. But decided against it I'll probably be installing two batteries in there along with a compressor (in the future).

K8Zd3Ah.jpg

Finally have a reason to get this installed, it's about 54 sheets of Second Skin, also have a full bulk pack of Q-Mat in storage. (Second Skin is going on first obviously Q-Mat will be for areas where I run out).

l802Rxe.jpg

Pulled this bad boy out of storage one of my favorite 4 channels and I'll be running a set of Image Dynamics for the front stage.

ne0dcss.jpg

This the my old box for two 10's in my Pontiac G6, I honestly had forgotten how much space these boxes take up lol.

Current Build:

1999 Tahoe #ComingSoon

Previous Build(s):

Crossfire Magnum

5k Pontiac G6 GT

Archived