That is the EXACT same reason I got mine. But now that the kids are a little older, I am going to put some beats back in my truck. I Can't vouche for the gas mileage on my truck, it has a baby lift with 30" tires under it and it doesn't like that with the stock gearing at all. Fuel eco went from like 18/19 on the highway to like 14/15 and like 6/8 around town. Don't put oversized tires on it if you want to keep the economy of it. Also, the stock intake and exhaust are pretty petty on these things, open it up a bit and it might reward you with some better fuel economy.

Trying to find a used Hypertech tuner for my blazer so I can fix my speed o and get some more power out of it. It has a k&n filter and I didn't notice a bit of difference with it over stock....

BassinBlazer

JL[RF][Kenwood][AQ]

I need a new amp! Sell me your amp!

well if anything i just plan on putting some 22's on it for now which is the complete opposite of a z71 with 33's but im not using my truck like i used to i used to pull boats everyweekend and mud ride and haul stuff but i moved and am in school so driving a truck that gets like 13mpg kinda sucks.plus i used to have a blazer and i loved it just wanted a truck cause i got a bigger boat.yea i feel ya on the beats the ol lady doesnt understand it she just wants me to slap a backseat in and put some "10s" under the seat :lame:

Edited by thegr8cody

1998 gmc sierra

h/u:eclipse cd3200

sub:dd9518g d1.5

amp:jl e300/4

sub amp:dd m2a

front stage:id ctx65cs

dc power 270 alt

lots of kicker 1/0