95 Accord, tablet in dash, Team Ascendant Audio 18"

Dude, those ANL fuses you're using? They are designed to go in fuse holders, not bolt directly to stuff! Cover up those positive connections or bad things will happen in the future!

$3 ANL fuse holder: http://www.sonicelec...n-ANL1010G.html

And those "bolts" you used for speaker terminals? No wonder one came loose and you blew up your sub! Do NOT use wing nuts on them!!! Get some nice locking nuts (or at least use star washers) or better yet nuts with the nylon locking inserts! And for the love of god, please use blue loctite on them!

Why didn't you get some nice speaker terminal cups from your local audio shop or for $3 from sonic??!

-Jamie M.

One hell of a first post there boss.

Why buy a fuse holder when you can make one yourself? Many people do that already so they don't piss away money on a piece of plastic that can easily be made from scrap wood.

Who the fuck are you to be able to tell someone how to do their build?

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

lol. I'm just trying to help him not blow up his sub (again!) and not burn his ride to the ground!
made me a battery holder but i had to assemble it inside the trunk, I wish i thought to do it before I put my box in 101_1467.jpg
Yeah, like that looks safe! Unfused positive terminal fully exposed an inch from body ground. Just problems waiting to happen!

-Jamie M.

That's why there's a fuse there and that's why he made a box for the battery to go in.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Dude, those ANL fuses you're using? They are designed to go in fuse holders, not bolt directly to stuff! Cover up those positive connections or bad things will happen in the future!

And those "bolts" you used for speaker terminals? No wonder one came loose and you blew up your sub! Do NOT use wing nuts on them!!! Get some nice locking nuts (or at least use star washers) or better yet nuts with the nylon locking inserts! And for the love of god, please use blue loctite on them!

Why didn't you get some nice speaker terminal cups from your local audio shop or for $3 from sonic??!

-Jamie M.

you sir are the dumbass of the day for real..its the same concept of having a fuseblock.. but a whole lot cheaper.. and looks like the fuse is actually screwd to the battery box.. so is that screw gonna come out and let that item fall.. prolly not.. OR maybe the battery box will just turn over on itsself...riiiighhhhhhttttt...

and speaker terminal cups highly restrict the size of wire you can use..AND lose conduction.. bc ur now trying to use a thin piece of metal on that cup..so the bolts and wingnuts is a better idea..

ive used wingnuts for YEARS AND YEARS and never had a problem with them..loctitie is a idea but makes switching impedance load a bitch..

so i think ive rambled on long enough.. to sum it up.. keep your bullshit ideas to yourself and let the man do what it do..

looks real nice so far..(except for the voltage drop)..keep it up man

That's why there's a fuse there and that's why he made a box for the battery to go in.

I don't see anything holding the battery in there, or anything holding the battery "box" to the car. Looks like it could just tip over easy. And then that UNFUSED left bolt in the ANL fuse would be a direct short to body ground. That'd be a bad news day for sure!

He already blew one sub. "Upgrading" to wing nuts ain't gonna solve the problem! Use something locking, and use some loctite already! :)

-Jamie M.

This is fucking stupid.

Marquez, keep it up brother :good:

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

-Jamie M.

I didn't get the speaker cup terminals because every build i've seen on here didn't have them. The reason the wire came loose was because I was in a rush to hear my sub and used some electrical tape to connect the end of 2 wires just as a temporary fix but then the tape had undone its self while the sub was playing and i guess the wire shorted out or something. stupid mistake on my part but it was a learning experience and i will never do it again.

101_1525.jpg

here is my other fuse holder i made for free with left over material, just the same as the one you suggested but instead of plastic base mine is wood. It isn't pretty but it gets the job done.

101_1526.jpg

and the wing nuts haven't even budge a little

I don't see anything holding the battery in there, or anything holding the battery "box" to the car. Looks like it could just tip over easy. And then that UNFUSED left bolt in the ANL fuse would be a direct short to body ground. That'd be a bad news day for sure!

He already blew one sub. "Upgrading" to wing nuts ain't gonna solve the problem! Use something locking, and use some loctite already! :)

-Jamie M.

lol. I'm just trying to help him not blow up his sub (again!) and not burn his ride to the ground!
made me a battery holder but i had to assemble it inside the trunk, I wish i thought to do it before I put my box in 101_1467.jpg
Yeah, like that looks safe! Unfused positive terminal fully exposed an inch from body ground. Just problems waiting to happen!

-Jamie M.

the positive wire is fused, there is a fuse bolted to the side of the wood, you can see it in the pic and the wood is secured on the inside to the metal of the car, do you want me to remove the battery and take a pic of the screws so you can see?

My Build Log

95 Honda Accord

Nook HD+ tablet

Team Ascendant Audio 18"

2 Skar Audio SK-2500.1D

Crescendo Audio C1100.4

2006 Civic, Fi SP4 12", bc3500

Build log

Archived