You could always do like I am going to do in Jan. or Feb. buy a Jdm engine. You have a D16y7 in your car?? Non Vtech. Those engines from Tiger japanese run around $450..When I get mine I will spend right at 700 getting it shipped to my door..My car smokes like a smokestack and power has slowly gone to crap..I have a 96 Civic dx It is time for a new motor..Your problem sounds like something minor...so you probably don't have to buy a motor..Your problems could be a number of things. Have you replaced your distributor cap and rotor yet. Is your car spitting and sputering? or is it just sluggish and acceleration sucks??? Essential things to keep a motor running Fuel, air and spark. Fuel filter, Fuel pump, spark plugs, spark plug wires, distributor cap and rotor. make sure you check those things to make sure they are in working order. Your coil is inside your distributor. If you take your distributor cap off you will see it..It is a little grey flat square thing with two wires coming off of it. I have an external coil on mine because my whole ignition is an aftermarket MSD. Check all those things i wrote about above and if need be replace them. Those should be things you replace on a regular basis anyway..If you need anything call on me I have tons of places you can go and get info from..Good luck

Its just that the acceleration sucks, 1st through 5th I can always feel it like it wants to cut out. Also something that was weird is that when I don't have on my seatbelt, the seatbelt light will be dim until i accelerate to about 3k rpms and then it will become bright again. Also when I'm sitting in the parking lot on my break at work, I hear a weird almost like a rattling noise coming from the engine.

New project in the works ;)

Like I said. I can't put my finger on it to see exactly what it is. Theres really no way I'm going to take it to honda and let them do it because I totalled up everything I'd need to do it myself and it turned out to be roughly 800. So theyre charging me like 2200 for labor lmfao

I'm curious is to why you say its not vtec.All ex civics in north america are sohc vtec from 92 and up e.g. motor code D16Z6 for 92-95 civic ex & Si and D16Y8 for 96-99 or 2000 ex. Is your car Canadian bought? Because that would make sense, their Si is the same as our ex and their ex is like our Dx model.

For the hesitation problem, start with the simple stuff first like your batteries state of charge, loose plug wires, cap & rotor, plugs. If they pass a visual then check for spark, pull your bottom back seat out and listen for the fuel pumps humming sound, if you dont hear it, the fuel pump could be going out. Check fuel fiter on fire wall next to the battery. Try that if it still dosn't cure the problem let us know.

ascendant.jpglogo.jpgteamsundown-1.jpgDCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

Yea it's odd that it's not vtech from what ive heard. I bought it used and about 3 months after the purchase I started seeing signs of where it was crashed before I bought it. Whoever attempted the repair job did a chitty job because the hood's slightly offset, the driver side headlight clamps are broken, the front fender is also offset to where I cant even remove the headlamp if I were to choose so. I guess it was the excitement of buying my first car that rushed me into the purchase. Thats where I sit w/ my predicament. I've had this car for 2 years and it lasted me through highschool and it may just be time for a new one. Repairs just dont even seem worth it anymore. I guess I'll just drive this one until I have the cash for a new crx or civic, or it dies :(

might be dirty injectors, clogged fuel filter or dieing fuel pump.... as well as the ignition components as well, could also be a air leak, listen for a hissing noise under the hood indicating suction and track the sound down to the hose thats leaking.....just a thought

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

mrwigglez, you wanna trade me rides? lol Your's is louder then mine :(

i might consider it, what year ect you have, mines a 94 accord 5speed, with new clutch from napa (forget autozone), new oil pump, connecting bearings, water pump, rebuilt alt, that neat air cleaner tube thing, new balance shaft seals and belt, new timeing belt, duralast gold brakes all way around, new fuel filter, new duralast gold battery, 0/2 ga power wire from batt in front to rear of car....needs alot of body work and interor work IE seats and carpet..motor is the single cam vtec 4cyl, i know the car is able to do 120+ mph on the interstate and well able to out run one of them new dodge station wagons .....(speed limiter on the dodge lol)

Edited by mrwigglezdj

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets