Second Skin Audio

3515 box design question

I drive a 2000 Dodge Dakota club cab like the one below.

2000-dodge-dakota-base_100028173_s.jpg

Does anyone have experience with this truck? if so, which would be best for a single dd3515 and aq 2200? Port up/Sub up, port front/sub up, port front/sub front?

I've tried searching for answers on google, but couldn't find anything. All help appreciated!

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

i have very little experience with these trucks.

my friend has one with a single 12 and about 800 watts rms. and its loudest (to our ears) with sub up port up. BUT if it were me i would do sub forward and port UP, we just didnt have this option as it was a prefab box. not really the same setup at all as you got but just my .02

Appreciate the input man. I'll see what others have to say also, and go from there. Man, if this were an S10 or something similar, people would be all over this thread. Stupid dodge xD

i have my std cab ram and i had my single Dc 15 in a center console box with sub up and port up. it sounded great. but you have the extra room so id say get a second and wall it. lol. Or just do your box and play with it to see what you like

1998 Dodge Intrepid

Dc 15 lv3

3.4 cu ft @31hz

rockford 6.5s all the way around

shit kenwood hu(powers 6.5's)

powerbass 1200

Ram is being rebuilt

Yeah, same for me. I just wanted to try sub front port front on my last box, but no real reasoning behind it. I'll probably just end up doing sub up port up, had a 12" Cervin Vega Stroker in a ported box with sub up port up, and it sounded great. But i never turned it to see the difference, because that damn box was huge!

I would get another if money wasn't an issue. I already regret getting this one. Not because of the quality, but of the price. I could have gotten more for the money I paid for this one.

I was able to stand my box up also but i just didnt like how it sat in the truck. I know a dude on another forum with a ext ram running i think 3 18's sitting on the rear seats sub and port front. but tbh i get just as much flex as he does but i only have 1 18 now lol and moneys always tight bro. when i got my rd alpha it fried like 2 days later and i just dropped 250 on it so i had no money

Edited by RobHood

1998 Dodge Intrepid

Dc 15 lv3

3.4 cu ft @31hz

rockford 6.5s all the way around

shit kenwood hu(powers 6.5's)

powerbass 1200

Ram is being rebuilt

It sounds great to me. The one I have is the new supercharged model, cost 560$ from a dealer. I have it running off of a 200 watt RF punch amp and it gets louder than my friends two Memphis c3 on a 1200 watt kicker amp.