Sonic Electronix

Torres calculator help & some small questions on box build.

ok when i am trying to get 2.00 cu.ft after displacement on torres calculator i am trying to get the gross volume right? not the net volume?

does anyone usually put some type of glue or cocking/mold to make sure there aero ports are sealed?

anything anyone would recommend that i can pick up from home depot or lowes to make sure inside my box is nice and sealed?

Best screws to use? best glue to use? should i be ok if i let lowes/homedepot make my cuts?

and the carpet do yall put on with adhesive , hot glue , or just glue?

and last question would a slot port be better then a aero?

i have my own opinion on all just seeing what u guys think. :peepwall:

ok when i am trying to get 2.00 cu.ft after displacement on torres calculator i am trying to get the gross volume right? not the net volume?

does anyone usually put some type of glue or cocking/mold to make sure there aero ports are sealed?

anything anyone would recommend that i can pick up from home depot or lowes to make sure inside my box is nice and sealed?

Best screws to use? best glue to use? should i be ok if i let lowes/homedepot make my cuts?

net volume is after displacements.

use wood glue, then seal the edges with silicone. Then if desired, lay down a coat or two of fiberglass resin for extra strength (and some say it may gain you a dB).

use MDF screws from home depot, they are skinny, sharp and keep wood from splitting. do NOT let the depot cut your wood. I let some stoner there cut my wood, and he fucked everything up.

I dont carpet my boxes, i prefer spatter paint. Leaves a "rock-like" finish.

And i always prefer a slot port than an aero.

1999 Monte Carlo

Sony CDX-GT34w

2 Alpine Type R 12"s in 4 cubes tuned to 35hz

American Bass VFL 80.1 amp @ 1 ohm (probably doing between 1000 and 1300rms)

Stock alt, Stock batt, Big 3 Upgrade

Boston s55- 5 1/4s (doors)

Boston s95- 6x9s (rear deck)

net volume is after displacements.

use wood glue, then seal the edges with silicone. Then if desired, lay down a coat or two of fiberglass resin for extra strength (and some say it may gain you a dB).

use MDF screws from home depot, they are skinny, sharp and keep wood from splitting. do NOT let the depot cut your wood. I let some stoner there cut my wood, and he fucked everything up.

I dont carpet my boxes, i prefer spatter paint. Leaves a "rock-like" finish.

And i always prefer a slot port than an aero.

pretty much sums it up right there^

Car: 1995 Thunderbird

System:

Pioneer deh5100ub HU

Pioneer/Lightning Audio 5x7's

1 Hifonics 1610D amp

2 Obsidian Audio 12's

4cu.ft. box tuned to 30hz

8 farad Boss Audio cap

4 gauge power/ground wire

Youtube

Facebook