Hey guys im pulling my tranny tonight and im trying to disconnect the driveplate from the torque converter. i already have my battery disconnected and all of the tranny connections also. My question is: is there a way to turn the crankshaft w/o starting the car? or if i do start the car would it cause any other damage because the tranny is all disconnected? any help is appreciated thanks guys

Mark

99 Eclipse Spyder

the way i do that is by geting asocket (3/4 inch) big enough to fit on the crank pully bolt and turn the motor by hand that way, just make sure the bat is disconected for safty puropses

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

and by no means NEVER try to turn the motor with the tranney unbolted, them startors have alot of powre and you will possibly bend, break, shatter or otherwise damage alot of things that would cost alot to fix

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

my little bro was replaceing his flywheel years ago and was doing it alone and couldnt get the flywheel to rotate to get to the tq. converter bolts , and he had all the bellhouseing bolts removed , cross member removed everything but the tq. converter bolts and he figured hell ill just tap the starter , he removed the coil wire thankfully but when he taped the starter a few times he shatterd the houseing on the startor, the flywheel was only missing a few teeth orignaly and him taping the starer with the tranny loose caused the flywheel to crack, not to mention he lost a golfball size chunk of the bell houseing

mrwiggles hit it on the nose, that is exactly how I did it with my car that I recently rebuild the engine and tranny. If your engine isnt that powerful then you can sometimes grab the flywheel and turn it there, a buddy of mine spun my fly wheel so I could put the converter bolts back in, but my engine isnt as powerful as some... good luck.

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif