Second Skin Audio

4th order bandpass

jreese92

I am having trouble understanding this concept. Are these enclosures just for show, or do you gain SPL/SQ using them?

Pioneer 6300ub

Rockford Prime 6.5's

Pioneer 6x9's

Alpine MRP-M500

10" Alpine Type R

1.4 Cubic Foot Enclosure Tuned to 34 hz

Stinger 4 Gauge Wires

definitely not just for show. they are very good for tuning to a certain range of frequencies.

they are also really really efficient if you build them right.

for example.

im using a single 12 dc level 3 on about 200-300 rms and i hit 137.2 at the dash on music.

the song was White girl. and i believe the note is low 30 hz's

the bigger the ratio ported/sealed will give you more efficiency

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

They are used to be more efficient and louder. I am pretty sure that an order is a gain of 3db theoretically speaking. So a 4th order box would equal a gain of 12db in the perfect world.

Someone with more experience in this should chime in

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxes4.asp

scroll down to "single reflex-bandpass enclosure"

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

Sounds pretty interesting and something i would want to look into considering I'm only going to be running 1 SA-12 on 350 rms. They look really hard to build and I've never even built a sealed box, is there a calculator i could use to get dimensions for it?

Pioneer 6300ub

Rockford Prime 6.5's

Pioneer 6x9's

Alpine MRP-M500

10" Alpine Type R

Stinger 4 Gauge Wires

Sounds pretty interesting and something i would want to look into considering I'm only going to be running 1 SA-12 on 350 rms. They look really hard to build and I've never even built a sealed box, is there a calculator i could use to get dimensions for it?

go to the subwoofer enclosures forum and look for the Torres box calculator.

but building bandpass is difficult so if your not one for patience and dont have money to spend on wood and other materials i would just ask someone who designs boxes on here to help design it.

but for your first box with that set up would be a good ported box tuned to about 35hz.

do your research on a 4th order then you can try your hand at it.

Good luck with 350rms...i just ordered two and i was told they want at least 600rms. Cuz word is that they can handle more...

I think thats probably a good idea, because I'm not in the position to throw money away if i mess it up. But also, I hear the torres calculator is amazing, but I have a mac so i can't download it unfortunately.

Pioneer 6300ub

Rockford Prime 6.5's

Pioneer 6x9's

Alpine MRP-M500

10" Alpine Type R

Stinger 4 Gauge Wires

Archived