Second Skin Audio

4th order bandpass

jreese92

mine is tuned to 52hz right now. but i listen to a variety of music so i like to be able to have a slight bump on my country, and rock. then when rap comes on it slams and humps on the low notes.

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

its all about your personal preferance on music. if you listen to rock or alternative tunning higher sounds better, if you listen to rap or chopped and screwed shit then tunning lower is better for your daily applications. competiting is a whole different story. what do you listen to and we can help dirrect you to a pretty cose range of tunning to help get you what you want

im tuned at 37 htz but i peak at 40 htz its a great daily ground pounder and gets nasty but if i was to tune it higher i would be getting way higher db's out of it, like i said its all up to what you listen to and if you want daily or if you want to compete and do good numbers

i listen to rap and thats about it, young jeezy, gucci mane, wiz khalifa, lil wayne, rick ross. Does that kind of explain what i'm looking for?

Pioneer 6300ub

Rockford Prime 6.5's

Pioneer 6x9's

Alpine MRP-M500

10" Alpine Type R

1.4 Cubic Foot Enclosure Tuned to 34 hz

Stinger 4 Gauge Wires

wheres a link to ur build d-train? :popcorn:

unfortunately due to my lack of funds i have only built the box.

i have however built a temporary box with my temp amps and such but no build log. i was just going to do it all at one time. but heres a couple pics.

IMG00095.jpg

IMG00102.jpg

now i know youll rag on my audiobahn haha but this little set up did 137.2 on the dash playing white girl with windows down. it suprised me lol

this is the larger box im building for the DC's and the 2k

IMG00082.jpg

IMG00081.jpg

the holes are cut out on either side of the ports and the ports are not that long. but thats just a few pics i took

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

i will say that i have only heard my bandpass and a blow through bandpass in a dodge ram tuned to 48hz

so i dont have a huge amount of hands on experience with bandpass designs. so they probably have much more experience than me.

nice box sir ;).

rolling down both windows drops ur score like a MFer, only roll down or open driver side. :drink40:

sorry for OT lol.

actually we tested with windows up, both down and each side down one at a time.

both down got the best numbers.

im pretty sure that means i need more port area though

Archived