Sonic Electronix

FIGURED IT OUT LOOK A FEW POST DOWN FOR ANSWER!

Wired up my mids and highs, everything is wired like it suppose to be. Power wire is fused, rca's are new, new speaker wire. But now im getting this annoying whining ONLY when the car is on.

-tried putting tape around the rca's behind the deck to make sure they are not touching metal

-made the ground as short as i could, move it to 3 different places

-made sure rca's or speaker are not close to the power wire

-power wire is fused 4inches from the battery

-Have TheBig3 done so i was thinking the wire from the alt to the battery might be causing the noise i removed it to see if it made a difference but nothing...

What could be the problem? Only does it with the car on....

Here's some pics and a quick video of the noise

c476dbc7.jpg

a9b466da.jpg

did you ground the rca's? i see you have a pioneer headunit and you more than likely have the notorious (B.I.G) problem with the pico fuse blowing. take a piece of wire and wrap it around the outside of the rca's on the headunit and screw each end into a screw on the chassis. problem should be solved then.

did you ground the rca's? i see you have a pioneer headunit and you more than likely have the notorious (B.I.G) problem with the pico fuse blowing. take a piece of wire and wrap it around the outside of the rca's on the headunit and screw each end into a screw on the chassis. problem should be solved then.

i thought that only happened on the decks with the rca's directly on the back of the deck, mine are on plug that goes to the back of the deck and then has the rca's...

but i guess i can try that see it that fixes the problem. so would i run a wire from each of the rca's to the back of the deck?

this what mine look like

a2079151298be883e3f567_m.JPG

umm...i would try it out first to be sure, like a temp install to see if it goes away. i dont know how you would do that and have it be safe and secure unless maybe you put (smush) the wire in between the headunit rca and the rca cable.

FIGURED IT OUT! thanks for the help..

the problem was that one of the small pins in the rca wiring harness was loose and wasnt staying in the plastic harness that plugs into the back of the deck, alittle hot glue took care of that! :good:

also did what Kranny suggested just incase it need it

Archived