Second Skin Audio

Need Box/setup Opinions"need Help Everybody"

white_boi_audio

Alright guys as you know I have four ten's in my 1987 Cavalier Z24 in a 4.5 cubic foot box tuned to 35 hertz, If not then check it out here http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=10032.

I like the sound / tuning frequency, but it isnt as loud as I want and I know if I port throught the rear deck or seal it off from the trunk it will be louder then the way it is now. Now my real question is what do you guys think will be the most sql and spl me remaking the same box and mounting the subs thats on the front of the box with the port on the angle and put the box upagainst the backseat and get fold down seats and seal it off and still have the subs mounted on the top. Or making a different box and porting throught the rear deck, cause soon imma do a fiberglass rear deck where i cna make a port hole nad Ill have two 6x9's on it. Or throw something out there I wanna be loud but still remember I am getting more power to the subs I have now.

I think the sealed off from the trunk would be the loudest and best way to do it cause I would get all the air from all four subs into the cabin but when I would fold down the seats all I would see is two of the four subs and the port. Would that mess anything up having the two subs on top and in the trunk thats sealed off or no because the air goes throught the port??

If you don't understand ask me something I can draw it up or explain into more details

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

1987 Chevy Cavalier Z24 2.8L V6 -- CB Radio with PA speaker

Head Unit: 7 inch Jensen Flip-out -- Speakers: 4 Visonik 6 1/2s and 4 Visonik 6x9s

Subwoofer: One Audiobahn 18 - Sub Amp: Power Acoustik OV1-2000d 2000 watt monoblock amp --

Battery in back - Kinetic HC600 -- Sub box: Custom built 5 cubic foot tuned to 30 hertz

Coming soon: Bigger Highs Amp, Power inverter

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

u could put some wood around the top subs and then procede to seal it off from the trunk

honestly i dont know wut itll do as far as sound goes but its an idea and it aint too hard to do IMO

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

I was thinking of taking my box and just making a new one same specs and all and then mount the subs and port on the angle and mount the other subs on top and seal it off from the trunk with fold down seats, but I wanna know about the subs thats on the top of the box which will be in the trunk if it will be ok with them like that. Imma wait and not carpet the box I have. I need help from like David or baggedbirds or anybody thats done sealed off trunk before.

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

Head Unit: 7 inch Jensen Flip-out -- Speakers: 4 Visonik 6 1/2s and 4 Visonik 6x9s

Subwoofer: One Audiobahn 18 - Sub Amp: Power Acoustik OV1-2000d 2000 watt monoblock amp --

Battery in back - Kinetic HC600 -- Sub box: Custom built 5 cubic foot tuned to 30 hertz

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

Need some help asap

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

Come on guys I know somebody can help me out in some way?

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

Well, in my bird I have done thru the rear deck sealed off, thru the rear deck not sealed. facing forward sealed, facing forward not sealed, slot loaded thru the rear deck, and all of these variations sealed or ported. In my T-Bird's case the only thing that made it louder was to port it. it never changed the meter number in any of the configurations. sealed off or not

Now sealing it from the trunk keeps your trunk from rattling, which is worth it to me, i can't stand it.

so currently i havew them proted and firing forward into the cabin. its not really any louder than it ever was but the quality is better because of the woofer.

i sealed things up with "Second Skin"

100_2743.jpg

100_2746.jpg

100_2748.jpg

1st  SMD "System of the Month" Feb. 2007

Zapco Studio 500 (2)

Zapco Studio 300X

Zapco Studio 204 (2)

(2) FI 12ssd's w/ copper coils

DLS Iridium Tweeters

DLS UR2.5 MidRange

FI. N.7 Midbass

JL Audio TWK 88 

Mechman 370A Elite Alternator

I was to seal it off and I have four subs and if I seal it off like you have your setup you would only see two of the the four subs and a port and the other two subs would be mounted to the top of the box facing the rear deck, if they are in the trunk would that affect anything or what?

HPIM0789a-1.jpg

That is the box I would use so it would be sealed off with two of the four subs and the port firing into the cabin. If you understand?

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

if your going to seal them i would seal thyem all or none. if you can't because of their location then i guess you can't seal them

1st  SMD "System of the Month" Feb. 2007

Zapco Studio 500 (2)

Zapco Studio 300X

Zapco Studio 204 (2)

(2) FI 12ssd's w/ copper coils

DLS Iridium Tweeters

DLS UR2.5 MidRange

FI. N.7 Midbass

JL Audio TWK 88 

Mechman 370A Elite Alternator

if your going to seal them i would seal thyem all or none. if you can't because of their location then i guess you can't seal them

So if I seal it off I should have all the subs and the port on one face that you will see with the seats folded down?

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

Archived