Help with my mid/high install

zeppyrkr

Alright I have some Massive Audio RK6 coming in the mail. I am just switching over from stock speakers off the HU, I had a Power Acoustik PS4-1200(4 channel, 100w x4 RMS 4-Ohm) laying around and thought i my as well use it. I have alpine type-s 6x9 in the back deck.

My question is should i bridge and amp only the RK6(250w each) or amp all them (100w each for the RK6 & Type-S)? Now bare in mind this is a Power Acoustik I doubt its putting out 100x4.

Jdeaden the doors, custom made brackets so they would fit. Mounted the crossovers and hooked everything up, green light on amp, no sound? My only thought is rca cable is bad which would be odd but who knows, gonna do some troubleshooting after work. Sucks being stuck here thinking of what it could be.

How are your filters set on the amp?

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

U know I bet thats what it is I remember just trying everything counterclockwise as a starting point, ill have to check after work whats a good setting for mids and highs, should I send full signal to the crossovers?

Switched it to full signal with no luck, thanks for the suggestion tho, it has to be the rca or speaker wire ill be testing both later today. Im leaning toward rca the chances I didnt wire both speakers right is pretty crazy I have ocd and triple check things but luckily ive become a pro at taking the doors apart

UPDATE: Not really sure what I changed but none the less I got it working and sounds great, my latest problem is that the rear speakers are powered off the deck which is making them louder? Right now i have the fader set to +7 F (out of 15), should I up the gain on the speaker amp to make them over power the rear speakers instead of fading it to the front?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived