Sonic Electronix

Hey guys, today I finished hooking my subs up and took the truck on for a little cruise before starting to install my components. About ten minutes into my cruise, I notice I had a "Check gauges" light come on and my factory voltmeter was totally maxed out. I turned the stereo off, drove another 5 minutes to my destination and parked the truck for about 10 minutes. I fired the truck back up and drove home and it seems to be fine now??? So what are your thoughts?

Here's what I have (not including the components and amp because it wasn't hooked up at the time)

-two 12" JL Audio W3V3-2 running an a JL Audio 1000.1 J2 amp at 1 ohm. This amp is 1 ohm stable by the way.

-I DO NOT have the big three upgrade yet (still working on the install)

I thought maybe the voltage regulator was fried or if its possible, stuck open. I've never had this problem before, usually its lack of power. LOL

I'm also going to add a Stinger voltage monitor so I can keep a close eye on the voltage.

05 Ram 1500 4x4 Hemi - 22x11 Fuel Hostage wrapped in 37" Nitto Mud Grappler - 3" Dual Flow Master w/ X pipe - 10" lift - Alpine 103BT Head unit - JL Audio J2-320.4 - JL Audio J2-1000.1 - (2) 12" JL Audio W3V3 - (2) sets of JL Audio components - 5% tint - 6000K HID - CAI - and more....

just to be safe i would check and make sure your alt is still working properly.

it could have overheated when this happened.

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

You need to go have a load and voltage test done on the alternator is it is stock.

Save yourself some money and go with a digital volt meter on ebay. They are about $5 and work perfect and in some cases better than the overpriced stinger vm.

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

Archived