DC Sound Lab

So today i was working on the system and come to find out my amp deck board must have hit on the sub it has a gash in the rubber its not fully thru but you can almost feel it in the back part of the rubber what should i do so that it don't mess up anymore then it already has i moved everything away from it already and the last question would be if i got this sub reconed that would replace the rubber to right? btw its a DC 18

Edited by darksoul187

2009 Malibu LTZHead Unit - Pioneer AVH-P4300DVDSubs - 2 DC Audio m2 XL 15'sAmplifier - DC 5kWire - KnukonceptzAlternator - OhioGenBatteries - 2 XS Power 3100's, 1 d4700

Post pictures it will help other see exactly what the damage is like.

Click Links To View Build Logs

1994 - Mazda B3000 (Daily/Toy/Show)

2002 - Mazda Protege (Daily)

1995 - Hyundai Accent (R.I.P.)

1984 - Bronco II (Restoration Project)

Youtube Channel

Are you talking about the surround?

yes

Edited by darksoul187

2009 Malibu LTZHead Unit - Pioneer AVH-P4300DVDSubs - 2 DC Audio m2 XL 15'sAmplifier - DC 5kWire - KnukonceptzAlternator - OhioGenBatteries - 2 XS Power 3100's, 1 d4700

Ya, depending on how bad its damaged those surrounds are strong, it may not get any worse as long as the damage does not go all the way through it. If you wanted to be really safe you could use some "GOOP" bought from the paint section of home depot and smear a light coat of it over the outside of the surround covering the damaged area. Worse case It would need to be replaced but as long as its just surface damage your probly going to be ok

DC AUDIO

Phone Number

1(855)SPL-DBZZ

Built by Competitors, for Competitors.

Ya, depending on how bad its damaged those surrounds are strong, it may not get any worse as long as the damage does not go all the way through it. If you wanted to be really safe you could use some "GOOP" bought from the paint section of home depot and smear a light coat of it over the outside of the surround covering the damaged area. Worse case It would need to be replaced but as long as its just surface damage your probly going to be ok

alright great and a recone would replace that too am i correct?

great thank you for the help i feel better now kinda its my first sub that can be reconed so wasn't sure

I have two huge gashes in my 18" that didnt go through its been 3 months and ive done everything down to 20hz and it hasnt gotten any bigger, now over tiem surrounds become looser and more brittle so I can see down the road this being a problem but until then id run it dont bother spending money on a recone if its not that bad.

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

DC 15" Level 3's /w 4 Coils

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Audiopipe 1500.1D @ 14.4v

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

Coming Soon: 270xp / xs1200