I hope this is the last big 3 question I have

i can cur a little bit

dude wants to know if just running the pos to alt and keeping factory engine/chassis grounds will be sufice for a 1800w amp with a ground from front battery to back and pos

imo it can be but make sure ur wire is of size, my grounds going from battery neg to fender was like 14guage or so, and from engine block to chassis was the same, but most cars use 4guage wire for this if electrical demand is needed, like my geo, it had electric everything and my truck didn't, geo 4guage, truck 14guage

so a big 3 helped in my truck but didn't do much for the geo as i just did 4guage in it

now with ur truck it might not be 4guage but if it is ied just use that for now

i really need a new alt for my truck but that will come in due time, but ive seen people run 2krms or so on stock electrical, but most of the time voltage drop is ur big key in if ur gunna smoke ur stuff or not

i say hook it up like u want it, tune everything acordingly, then check where ur volume goes and the voltage to see where it drops the most with same song, then play around with ohm load of ur sub to see if that helps with it for now

i need to do a ground run in my truck cause my truck has so many weld points im prolly loosing alot of voltage just by that

hope this helps, as im still a noob at this stuff but have over 10yrs experence lol

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

So what all wires are you planning? a pos and neg run to a back battery? or directly to the amp? What else? Give a list and we can help more, im still not 100% what you are saying you are thinking of putting in. Tell us what you are planning on putting in and what you could put in. We could tell you the best route to go.

1/0 from alt to battery

1/0 pos to amp

1/0 neg to amp

factory wire is 4gauge all the way around pretty much. I found the chassis ground though and it's not that far so I'll upgrade it and make a redundant ground system for the amp just in case something get hinky!!

Thanks for all the wonderful help that everyone is giving me.

next pay check I hope to get to hear this thing come to life. it's small but I may ever start a build log.... who know?? :shrug:

Next time she tries to punch you in the stomach, whip your wiener out and chase her around. Show her who's boss.

i can cur a little bit

dude wants to know if just running the pos to alt and keeping factory engine/chassis grounds will be sufice for a 1800w amp with a ground from front battery to back and pos

imo it can be but make sure ur wire is of size, my grounds going from battery neg to fender was like 14guage or so, and from engine block to chassis was the same, but most cars use 4guage wire for this if electrical demand is needed, like my geo, it had electric everything and my truck didn't, geo 4guage, truck 14guage

so a big 3 helped in my truck but didn't do much for the geo as i just did 4guage in it

now with ur truck it might not be 4guage but if it is ied just use that for now

i really need a new alt for my truck but that will come in due time, but ive seen people run 2krms or so on stock electrical, but most of the time voltage drop is ur big key in if ur gunna smoke ur stuff or not

i say hook it up like u want it, tune everything acordingly, then check where ur volume goes and the voltage to see where it drops the most with same song, then play around with ohm load of ur sub to see if that helps with it for now

i need to do a ground run in my truck cause my truck has so many weld points im prolly loosing alot of voltage just by that

hope this helps, as im still a noob at this stuff but have over 10yrs experence lol

I would've read what you put down but I got a little distracted... <<<<<<<<<< :good:

na just messing around. your pretty much dead on. I think I have this figured out............. I HOPE!!!....... but if not I'll be back on here tomorrow and pester everyone again.. :rofl::noob:

Next time she tries to punch you in the stomach, whip your wiener out and chase her around. Show her who's boss.

Use 1/0 guage wire.. Not 4 guage. To complete the big 3 ... Find a bolt on the engine block then to chassis bolt.. Don't use use the alternator bolt.. Some earth grounding isn't that good..

Do I need to upgrade my engine ground if I'm leaving the factory wiring in place, and I'm running a run of 1/0 all the way back to my amp (soon to be second battery). I got to thinking about this after my ground run would've been just short of 40" long. I've only got 50ft of wire to get my upgrades done and two run all the way back. The vehicle would be in a 1998 ford f150.

Thanks

THE HOOK!!

Im confused with what your trying to ask... The engine ground is the ground from the battery up front to the engine block...

Not all the way in the back of your car...

So for your big 3 its

Batt NEG -> Engine

Batt POS -> Alt

Chassis ground -> Neg batt

question would be, do I need to do ground upgrades if I'm running a ground cable to the back? I will eventually do it I just don't have any extra coin to get more wire.

the big 3 is for your charging system not your amp directly.

Edited by kweezinarts

Peep my tunes...

'99 Audi A4 Q 1.8t

Knu 1/0 Big 3

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X891 HU

US Amps Merlin MD2D 2ohm @ 1000w RMS

1x RE SX10D4 in custom ported 1" MDF box 1.25cf @ 34hz

4x Audiobahn 90w RMS 4" 2-ways

2x Kenwood Excelon 110w RMS 6x9 3-ways

2x Stock Bose high door tweets