Second Skin Audio

Another input on sub choice thread.

I'm using a 3.5k or aq3500.1 and have 8cubes. Trying to decide between adding two more 12" IA Lethal Inj so I would have four 12's ran at 2ohm with 2500wts .Or switch to two 15" Fi btl's at 1ohm with 3.5 to 4 k wts. Which would possibly be louder and musical? Does the cone area of the 12's have the advantage over the more powerful and design of the 15's. I know its install dependent,just want some other opinions and insight.

Most likely 4 12" will be louder bc of the supior cone area but like u said depends on install,box design,if u have electrical for 3.5k, ect

www.wooferwarehouse.com

i'd go with the 15's. cone area is significant, but i think 1000 watts of power difference would be a lot more significant.

plus i hear that 15's play a little deeper.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

i'd go with the 15's. cone area is significant, but i think 1000 watts of power difference would be a lot more significant.

plus i hear that 15's play a little deeper.

15" have nothing to do with playing "deep" 10s can get just as low as 15s in the right enclosure if u thats what u mean by "deep" i dont see 1000 watts making a difference if any at all

www.wooferwarehouse.com

"think" and "heard" were two very important words in that post. i never said or implied the word "fact"

:pardon:

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

although 1000 watts would make quite a bit of difference IMO... i'm curious to know why you think it wouldn't?

:popcorn:

More box builds

I'm with captain stupid.

When u double ur power u will be lucky if u gain 3db at most adding 1k especially when u get up to the 3.5-4k range isnt going to make a significant difference and I would take 4 12" in well designs box on 2.5k before to 2 15" It would be much louder from the cone area alone even tho it has 1k less power

www.wooferwarehouse.com

that's interesting. guess you learn something new every day!

you should go with 18's instead! :clapping:

More box builds

I'm with captain stupid.

i would go with the two 15"s at 1ohm and i'll tell you why. impedance rise. 4x rise at 2ohm gets you to 8ohm. at 1ohm it gets you 4ohm. so maybe the 12"s only get 1000w after rise and the 15"s get 2000w. twice the power. but i believe, not sure, that the four 12"s would have more rise than the two 15"s so the difference could be more significant than that.

however, either option can be louder than the other. all depends on the user.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Two 15"s hands down. Unless you want the wow factor and cone area. More power on two BTLs is my choice. And I'd say get the AQ3500

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?