Sonic Electronix

I got a spl 5000 watt amp.... I know its not top notch but it do okay... but anyways i can play my music at low volume and it sounds fine... as soon as my volume hits 13... it makes the subwoofer sound like it is burst... and i know my 13w7 is in perfect condition.... i even hooked it up on my friends amp and it plays excellent... Then I DISCONNECTED it and took it ok my truck for about a week then hooked it back up.... It played excellent for a few hours and then it started back doing the same thing... Making it sound burst.... anybody got any ideas of what that could be causing it to do that....

lol, what is the voicecoil configuration? and what are the settings on the amp?

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

^^ clipping or ground. I think those are dvc 3 ohm models correct?

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

Probably clipping. What kind of electrical do you have? Running just one sub or more?

Im powering only that one sub. I can tell the amp works. because whenever i take it out for a day or to and reconnect it. It plays just fine for the first few hours then later on that day i start my truck up and then it will play okay for a few seconds and when i try to turn the volume up it will play certain notes then sound distorted start back playing a note then go back to distorted.... I cut my gain down to half way and its still does it.... Im going to replace all of my wires later on when i get off work... any other suggestions

Sounds like the amp could be wired wrong, bad ground or clipping like said.

Im powering only that one sub. I can tell the amp works. because whenever i take it out for a day or to and reconnect it. It plays just fine for the first few hours then later on that day i start my truck up and then it will play okay for a few seconds and when i try to turn the volume up it will play certain notes then sound distorted start back playing a note then go back to distorted.... I cut my gain down to half way and its still does it.... Im going to replace all of my wires later on when i get off work... any other suggestions