my buddy is wanting to trade me a 240 sx for my samurai,its a 1990 and it came with a single over head cam, and now has a 92 dual over head cam in it.only problem is they butchered the harness to get it to run, and it wont keep timing.cause the computer is telling it to run as a sinlge cam instead of a dual,so to fix it can i jst get a dual overhead cam computer out a 24 0ut a 240sx,or will i need a wiring harness and all,i dont wanna do to much cuz its gonna be a toy to learn how to drift in,i really wanna rip the s12 out and do a 4.3 and 700r4 B) so if anybody knows about how hard of a task this is please let me kno,and about how much it would cost

1998 gmc sierra

h/u:eclipse cd3200

sub:dd9518g d1.5

amp:jl e300/4

sub amp:dd m2a

front stage:id ctx65cs

dc power 270 alt

lots of kicker 1/0

thats what i was looking for was an 80's models supra or rx7,the 240 is the 5 speed,but if i knew it wouldnt be such a pain id drop the 4.3 in it, cause thatd be insane and different plus really cheap to build if it breaks,so i dont know yet its still an option

1998 gmc sierra

dc power 270 alt

lots of kicker 1/0

nevermind,found what i was looking for,lsx swap kit, the aluminum v8 is 100+ lbs lighter than the nissan v6,and afterwards the car weighs around 2800 lbs,adn with the v8 it is 56% front weigt and 44% rear weight,might not be ideal for drifting but it will damn sure haul ass kit is 800 for mounts and transmission crossmember harness is 200 and headers are 280 come income tax its on

1998 gmc sierra

dc power 270 alt

lots of kicker 1/0

• 3 weeks later...

the v8 swap in that car will definately burn pretty much any street driven v8. the power to weight ratio is amazing. but as far as drifting with a v8, i think you would be better off with a Sr20dett. or even the stock ka24. the ka24 is drift ready. buddy has a s14 i think and he took me for a ride the other night and i gotta say, it was fun and he has a ka24 and automatic tranny.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

the ls1 and ls2 swaps are pretty bad ass but the only thing is the those motors cost a pretty penny and also all the gas you have to use is gonna add up

but if u swap in the sr20dett, with a few small upgrades ull have the power u need to drift and i doubt is will cost as much as a ls1 or ls2

Alpine IVA-W205

Hifonics XX-Hercules

Hifonics XX-Jupiter

O2 midranges

2 12" FI Qs

5 cube box tuned to 34 hz