How do you guys get good SQ versions of media?

The apple route sucks. Not sure why but quality sucks through iPod/ iPhone even if good quality on iTunes. I use a SD card or USB with the music in good quality for best results or buy CDs.

please explain how the apple route sucks... i have an iphone 4 and the quality from it is great. via usb.

I have a iPhone 4 and pioneer AVH-5200. I use the USB cable. I have songs in 720+Kbps in apple lossless format. There is a huge audible difference between playing from the iPhone, USB drive, sd card, and cd. Maybe my speakers just make it more noticeable on the fine details some speakers to reproduce as easily. It's extra background noise and scratchiness in voices and instruments that are the most noticeable.

Edited by Robert8252

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

When I had an ipod, I used the apple lossless conversion from FLAC files and worked out well. Much superior SQ then a 320kbps mp3 file and I have bad ears. Sounds good to me with apple lossless. I was playing some woman by the name of lissie or something like that.

Alpine PDX-V9

Morel Tempo 6

Alpine SBR-S8-4

Alpine CDE 149BT

The apple route sucks. Not sure why but quality sucks through iPod/ iPhone even if good quality on iTunes. I use a SD card or USB with the music in good quality for best results or buy CDs.

please explain how the apple route sucks... i have an iphone 4 and the quality from it is great. via usb.

I have a iPhone 4 and pioneer AVH-5200. I use the USB cable. I have songs in 720+Kbps in apple lossless format. There is a huge audible difference between playing from the iPhone, USB drive, sd card, and cd. Maybe my speakers just make it more noticeable on the fine details some speakers to reproduce as easily. It's extra background noise and scratchiness in voices and instruments that are the most noticeable.

In my setup, There's no real audible difference between a CD and a good WAV or apple lossless rip. But then again I'm running 4 Fosgate prime tweeters and 2 prime 6.5s hooked up to a Fosgate 300.4, so I'm not exactly set up for extremely crisp sq.

At loud volumes is when it is really noticeable to me. Someone just sitting in my car probably wouldn't notice it. I'm running hertz HSK 163s on a audison 2.9(about 200-250rms on each side) and with quality music it really shines. On lower quality stuff it still sounds good but when you listen to it 3hours + a day you really notice all the little noises and sounds that shouldn't be there and it bugs the shit out of you. Plus I haven't had bass for a month or two and it drive you even more insane lol.

Edited by Robert8252

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

At loud volumes is when it is really noticeable to me. Someone just sitting in my car probably wouldn't notice it. I'm running hertz HSK 163s on a audison 2.9(about 200-250rms on each side) and with quality music it really shines. On lower quality stuff it still sounds good but when you listen to it 3hours + a day you really notice all the little noises and sounds that shouldn't be there and it bugs the shit out of you. Plus I haven't had bass for a month or two and it drive you even more insane lol.

Yeah that may be another reason I don't notice it, since I have A level 4 15 right behind my head 8)