18" sub build for my room, daytoin audio 18 classic

well now seeing how i have a bum hand for the next few days i figured id throw this up here a see what people think..

so a few months ago i felt that the 2 10" subs in my room just werent enough umph for what i wanted and needed for the kind of movies and music i listen to. so i did some researching on a what a cheap sub setup that would give me the best overall loudness while having a relatively flat response also i wanted to do at least a 15" mainly for shits n giggles but output as well. well i found for the money i really couldnt beat the dayton audio classic 18" it had a decent response and i could build a nice big box that would be good for both sealed or ported so i could choose to port later if i wanted.

well here is what came up with, its not finished but will be soon. straight black, with a few coats of clear over that.

IMAG0019.jpg

IMAG0020.jpg

IMAG0022.jpg

IMAG0023.jpg

IMAG0025.jpg

IMAG0026.jpg

IMAG0030.jpg

IMAG0031.jpg

IMAG0032.jpg

IMAG0034.jpg

IMAG0035.jpg

IMAG0036.jpg

IMAG0070.jpg

thats all i have for now.. videos to come.. :drink40:

Awesome ... :drink40: Does itsound as good as it looks ??? Gonna cover the enclosure ???

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

after a little bit of weatherstripping as gasketing material and getting washers for my tnuts this thing is so well sealed i can hardly move the cone. and it sounds amazing, really loud and i dont even have it properly amplified atm. but i do have the audio signal going threw a eq befroe the amp and then another inline passive eq on the wire. i need to find a proper amplifier. looking into rack amps now trying to decide what i want and what will work the best. i plan on building another when i get my own place and have these in my entertainment room.

also i have the projected response chart if anyone's interested below. (red is sealed response and yellow is ported)

354684135187.jpg

Snorelax !!! Cool ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Awesome ... :drink40: Does itsound as good as it looks ??? Gonna cover the enclosure ???

i want to paint it but need a day off to bondo and sand. and a nice warm day to point in my garage. not really in a hurry to get it painted, but hopefully soon

EDIT: also just got my camera charged up working on videos..

Edited by PonchoKandt