Alright way to sound deaden doors?

peal and seal/ equivalent products would deaden yes however it is much thinner and therefore requires more to do the same amount of dampening. not only that but its melting point is much lower than car audio brand mats.

another question i would have is, if i resort to using that in the doors should i also use aluminum tape as extra "protection" to keep it on?

or is there something else that would keep it on.

chevrolet all day er day.

'81 camaro z28 performance

'03 silverado ext cab show and go

Just don't use peel and seal.

Just buy second skin, you don't have to cover the whole (door) panel to deaden.

By just covering half or 25% of the covered area you can deaden effectivly with a good sound deadener.

Remember it's a sound deadener, it doesn't stops sound.(maybe a bit, but not like a mass loaded barrier would do.)

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

peal and seal/ equivalent products would deaden yes however it is much thinner and therefore requires more to do the same amount of dampening. not only that but its melting point is much lower than car audio brand mats.

another question i would have is, if i resort to using that in the doors should i also use aluminum tape as extra "protection" to keep it on?

or is there something else that would keep it on.

Prayer? :P

I can't stop you from using it, so IF (and I mean IF) you use P&S, prep the surface like crazy.

Make it super clean.

Apply it when it's nice and warm.

And press it on the surface hard.

I honestly don't think applying foil tape over it would help with the adhesion.

But then again, you might be one of the lucky ones and it'll stick and stay stuck. You just never know with P&S, it's kind of a crap chute.

Edited by Second Skin Rep Jon

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png