Sundown Audio

Rockford 800a2

parallel the coils then series the subs bridged to the amp.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

bump?

well i gone ahead and bought the RF 800a2.. it has dual power and ground outputs.. anyone know how to set this up? i never had an amp that had this..

i hooked everything up. should i run another power wire from the amp? b/c right now i have just one wire connected, same as the ground. and what will be best way to wire my subs?... i got dual 4 ohm subs..

thanks people..

there are dual power and ground terminals so you must use both. easiest way would be to get a single run of 4 gauge and run it into a distribution block and split it into 2 8 gauge (iirc thats what the amp has) and wire as normal. you can do the same thing for ground or you can just do 2 8 gauge runs to the same ground spot on the frame.

I dont agree here. I have ran this style amps for almost 10 years. The dual power and ground inputs were so you could hook up a capacitor to the amplifiers, this is what I was told from RF back when I first started running those amps. That being said you dont need a cap and you can just do what he said and use some 4 gauge and split it. Or do what I did and run 1/0 into a distro block then come out with some 8 gauge. I always used oversize wire and that required me to drill out the inputs to accommodate for the bigger size wire.

FYI you just stole that amp for $80. Every day that I owned my 800s they were wired down to 1 ohm bridged and they never took a crap on me. These were some extremely solid amplifiers. They also do far more than rated power. Only thing you need to worry about is current draw and heat. They need plenty of space to breath because they will get HOT. I love those amps. Great find. Do yours have then end caps? If not, Ill sell you some.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

Im just trying to figure how to wire these subs.. And yes i do have the caps thanks

iDA-X200/Clarion EQS746

RF T500-1bd

(2) 12" RF HX's

Kicker 350.4

Alpine & Polk Speakers

Stock electrical