Sonic Electronix

Blown Sub?{need Help Wiring}-~-~video Added~-~-

Well make sure your not trading for a " box or rocks " if ya know what I mean ;)

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

ok I got the kicker solo-baric L7 and I have no idea how to wire it. it has a Coil 1(+.-) and a coil 2 (+,-) how do I wire this iv tried and cant get it to work

~REFS~

-CA.com-Gianotti(2 18" FI BTL D1) Slowd N Throwd(Wiring),Ebrunn(PC monitor),Rab(HK4000D)

-SMD.com-Nismofreak(Radar),BigP(Phone Headset),anonymous(Xbox360 Headset)

depends on what impedance it is (dual 2 or dual 4ohm) and depends on what ur amp is rated for...give more info plz

the sub is 4ohm

and my amp is american bass pro (mine is 600watt but it says vs-1404)

vs-1404

TWO CHANNEL BRIDGEABLE AMPLIFIER

MAXIMUM POWER OUTPUT

200W x 2CH (400W) @ 2 OHM

POWER OUTPUT:

85Wx2CH (@ 2OHM) LESS THEN 0.3% THD

55Wx2CH (@ 4OHM) LESS THEN 0.1% THD

MONO: 170Wx1CH (@ 4OHM) LESS THEN 0.3% THD

ALL MEASUREMENTS DONE @ 14.4VDC, 1KHz INPUT SIGNAL

FREQUENCY RESPONSE 20Hz-20KHz

2OHM CAPABLE IN STEREO MODE ONLY

THIS MODEL IS EQUIPED WITH:

LPF (LOW PASS FILTER) VARIABLE 50Hz-250Hz

HPF (HIGH PASS FILTER) VARIABLE 2KHz-10KHz

HIGH AND LOW ADJUSTABLE LEVEL INPUT

MOSFET DC-DC SWITCHING POWER SUPPLY

LED INDICATED POWER STATUS

BUILT IN PROTECTION AGAINST SHORT CIRCUIT AND HIGH TEMP

TRI-MODE SPEAKER CONNECTION READY

BASS BOOST (+5dB @ 100Hz)

AUTO POWER ON/OFF BY REMOTE (+12V)

DIMENSION: 11 1/8 (W) x 1 7/8 (H) x 8 (L)

~REFS~

-CA.com-Gianotti(2 18" FI BTL D1) Slowd N Throwd(Wiring),Ebrunn(PC monitor),Rab(HK4000D)

looks like you need to wire it + to + and - to - on the sub............. that will get you a 2 ohm load.

I got it to make a scathcing noise. when I push down on it, it makes a type of scratching noise does this means its blown after i finsih mowing ima run it down to California customs or laws

~REFS~

if u hear a scratching noise when u push down on it that is probably about the coil beind f'd up...sounds like ur screwed...

He said when we traded that if i didnt like it we could trade back(he said he had never hooked it up but before he had heard it before he bought it. How much does it cost to get fixed?

~REFS~

He said when we traded that if i didnt like it we could trade back(he said he had never hooked it up but before he had heard it before he bought it. How much does it cost to get fixed?

Well if when you push on the cone and hear a scratch that is deff a blown coil....as for the L7's kicker does not sell a recone kit, only the solo X's. I beleive kicker charges $240 to recone a 15" L7 which is about the same price they are new. So i would trade back if not you got a useless sub on your hands.

TEAM SUNDOWN

4 Nightshade 15"s

2 Sundown SAZ-4500

8 Deep Cycle batts

1998 Cadillac Catera

SPLMAX CUP 2008 Fourth Place Overall

logoblack.jpg

Archived