Jump to content

98 Ford Ranger Build With 6 12's


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey Guys, I've seen some pretty nice Builds on here and thought I would share my build I did to my 1998 Ford Ranger for SPL.I had a few Goals with the Ranger and the biggest was to do a 160db!! Everyone said I was wasting my time and some even laughed when I told them a 160db in my everyday driven Ranger without cutting away any metal was my Goal. I love this sport so I gave it my all and I got pretty close I think.. Build is done so I'll let the Pictures do most of the talking.... Enjoy and comment if you like..

Little Ranger prep LoL

RangerBuild1.jpg

I always find a use for these things haha and believe me they are solid to!

RangerBuild2.jpg

RangerBuild3.jpg

Getting ready to put the box in and YESSS 1 sheet of 3/4 because I needed

the volume & long as I braced it good everywhere like I did in pics 3 & 4

I would be good. Well,, Enough talking & on with the pics LoL

RangerBuild4.jpg

RangerBuild5.jpg

I think I can!!!

RangerBuild6.jpg

WoooHooo!!! It's in haha

RangerBuild7.jpg

I couldn't brace the face like I did the rest so I did this

RangerBuild8.jpg

RangerBuild9.jpg

If you're wondering the face is going to slide over the box that's already

in the truck & will be very secured afterwards..

RangerBuild10.jpg

RangerBuild11.jpg

I'm pre-drilling for the subs

RangerBuild12.jpg

Yep...Some half round cedar from WALMART!! LoL Hey, What ever works right?

RangerBuild13.jpg

RangerBuild14.jpg

Some body filler to smooth things out!!

RangerBuild15.jpg

RangerBuild16.jpg

Getting some help from one of my friends..What a BIG help he was to.. Thanks John!!

RangerBuild17.jpg

RangerBuild18.jpg

Pretty darn smooth to

RangerBuild19.jpg

John doing a little touch-up before we add the face

RangerBuild20.jpg

TEAM OL' SKOOL (TODD)

1998 Ford Ranger 160.7db 6050watts 1 amp--> For Now

MY BUILD LOG

TEAMOLSKOOL.COM

Posted

Perfect Fit!! No problems at all other than the 50 screws to secure it..

RangerBuild21.jpg

RangerBuild22.jpg

Little primer inside and out..

RangerBuild23.jpg

RangerBuild24.jpg

Adding 2 threaded Rods to help with that flex

RangerBuild25.jpg

RangerBuild26.jpg

Little Router work front & back around the sub holes

RangerBuild27.jpg

I know I know!! I should of put the rods in before I put the box in but I

was NOT taking this thing back out guys NO WAY!!

RangerBuild28.jpg

Braced it good under the bottom & pack this mess from WALMART <-- LoL as

tite as I could then added the bracing to even things with the floor..

RangerBuild29.jpg

Bottom to the Floor done!

RangerBuild30.jpg

Time to work on the side now

RangerBuild31.jpg

RangerBuild32.jpg

Time for some Very fun work now!! haha Yeah right! This took some time to

do and not easy at all.. Thank the lord for John's help on this part..

RangerBuild33.jpg

RangerBuild34.jpg

If you gonna do it do it right!! Inside is very Important and I really spent

a lot of time in hear before it was all said & done that's for sure..

RangerBuild35.jpg

Like I said!! 24 hours later and we still on the bottom portion of the inside

oh yeah, the year date is wrong on my camera to LoL sorry..

RangerBuild36.jpg

Lost a few pics of all the work I did on the inside to guys.. Sorry about

that.. well, maybe I'm hiding it from ya who knows.. LoL I'm Kidding :)

Subs in and looking good from where I'm standing..

RangerBuild37.jpg

I glassed over the entire box inside & out then sanded used more body filler

to even everything out then more sanding then primer and finally after what

seemed like an eternity I painted it.. As you can see on the baffle the cedar

wasn't the best idea but it held up pretty good considering the pressure

it had to withstand..

RangerBuild38.jpg

I'm Installing & wiring up 6 DD 3500 Duel 2ohm subs .. Gotta luv em!!

RangerBuild39.jpg

RangerBuild40.jpg

TEAM OL' SKOOL (TODD)

1998 Ford Ranger 160.7db 6050watts 1 amp--> For Now

MY BUILD LOG

TEAMOLSKOOL.COM

Posted

Finally.... It's complete!!

RangerBuild41.jpg

Got all the wire ran and now Each Voice coil will have a run of wire so

all wiring can be done in the amp box area(Well Tool Box LoL)Not the best

idea here either but hey it worked just fine for me & made a few things

a little easier..

100_3926-1.jpg

100_3927-1.jpg

100_3929-1.jpg

Pic of my little battery haha I can't find a pic but I added 6 16 volt

HC2400 kinetic batteries as well Under my Amp in my TOOLBOX <-- LoL

100_3928-1.jpg

My Amp with all my batteries underneath. Yes I could only afford ONE!!

100_3957-1.jpg

For the ones that don't know me this is what it's in..

MyTruck.jpg

RangerBuild42.jpg

And this is what it does!!!!

So IN YOUR FACE HATERS (LoL)--> 160.7db Floor Official score and 158.9db Dash

______________________________8xr8fl-1.gif______________________________

untitled-7.jpg

Built in a truck I drive to shows all over & not one piece of metal has been cut for added room & other than the

face it only has ONE sheet of 3/4 MDF & only ONE Amp with a clamped power of 6050 Watts..

If you want it bad enough to put in the sweat & BLOOD it can happen!!!

Few of my friends from a Awesome show in Andrews SC

OlSkoolRadioShack.jpg

May not look like it but my dang legs was shaking right here hahaha

2416869221_6949ba8923.jpg

Pics may have made this look a little easy but I assure you It's not and there's

a lot of work that's been done the pics don't show!!!

Thanks for looking

TEAM OL' SKOOL (TODD)

1998 Ford Ranger 160.7db 6050watts 1 amp--> For Now

MY BUILD LOG

TEAMOLSKOOL.COM

Posted

damn nice work there!

like the walmart idea =D

hiiiiiiii
2002 4runner - buncha speakers n amps n shit (gone)
1994 astro - more stuffz

update: pretty sure all the pic links in the logs are broken lol.

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

4runner rebuild in progress
clickkk meeeee!!!! 4 18's 6th order

UBL - clicky

http://www.youtube.com/yyj11589

lots of hater kids here. Pay no attention, they just want 89,000 watt subs for 3.50
If you would have put a dc dustcap on it and called it lv your mom, they would all be in love

Posted

Ford !! FTW

videos?

Working on my 93' Ford Bronco rebuild:

I have:
pioneer AVH-P6500
Infinity Reference 6032SI fronts
Infinity Reference 6832CF Rears

Crescendo CZ 6.5 kicks

Crescendo 1100.4

(2) DC Audio LvL 4 M2's

(1) Juicebox Blackcherry
Piece together amps & wiring

Bout to get:
Crescendo Amps

Crescendo Mids

Crescendo Tweets

Sky High Car Audio Wire

Rockford Fosgate 360.2 or .3

My Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/97426-93-ford-bronco-rebuild-full-system-body-paint/

Posted

I know a pretty good bit about getting a Ranger loud and I'll be more than happy to

help anyone that's working with one of these

TEAM OL' SKOOL (TODD)

1998 Ford Ranger 160.7db 6050watts 1 amp--> For Now

MY BUILD LOG

TEAMOLSKOOL.COM

Posted

Nice job dude.

I'm semi local will you be at the charleston expo in September with it?

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6425 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...