Do amps make a difference in sq?

tonedeaf

I wish more would have chimed in on the Linear Power amps! There are very little amplifier companies out there that outrageously underate and over build amplifiers as they do! Also being a smaller amplifier makes it easier for hidden applications.

I know a lot of people dont want to risk buying a 15-20 year old amp, but I have a 19 year old LP 952iq that on the same radio same speakers, same processor, same car, produced a much louder, clearer, and better responsive sound, than an amp doubled in power and triple in cost!

I will run Linear Power till I cant find them any more!

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Stevens Audio 6.5" components (passive)

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

Where can you find some Linear Power amps?

I personally have been looking for a warm sounding 4 channel amp. That can easily power some HAT Clarus's or Hertz Hi-Energy's components. I would love to go with a Audison Lrx or Arc Audio SE setup but I can't afford that right now.

So I am hoping that tonedeaf could provide some insight when he gets everything setup. I really don't want to shell out 400-700 and end up disappointed.

777319156.png

I wish more would have chimed in on the Linear Power amps! There are very little amplifier companies out there that outrageously underate and over build amplifiers as they do! Also being a smaller amplifier makes it easier for hidden applications.

I know a lot of people dont want to risk buying a 15-20 year old amp, but I have a 19 year old LP 952iq that on the same radio same speakers, same processor, same car, produced a much louder, clearer, and better responsive sound, than an amp doubled in power and triple in cost!

I am one person who is 100% anti oldschool

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

Where can you find some Linear Power amps?

I personally have been looking for a warm sounding 4 channel amp. That can easily power some HAT Clarus's or Hertz Hi-Energy's components. I would love to go with a Audison Lrx or Arc Audio SE setup but I can't afford that right now.

So I am hoping that tonedeaf could provide some insight when he gets everything setup. I really don't want to shell out 400-700 and end up disappointed.

I actually have found my LP amps on Ebay, they have a 4ch on there now!

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

I am one person who is 100% anti oldschool

Hey to each their own! Im not saying I dont like newer equipment, but I have been in this field for 12 years now and nothing compares quality wise to a lot of old school quality amplifiers! Longevity is a key factor I have when choosing amplifiers. I have 3 LP amps 2 from 91 & 1 from 92, they have been in my fathers car for over 7 years never need to touch them, never overheating, just clean them off once a week!

That same car we tried to run some newer more powerful amps, just hooked them up, same processor, and they lasted about a year before having overheating issues and then blowing! I put fans on them, I did everything I could!

But in my opinion there are very few amps out there that can produce the power and clarity out of an LP amplifier, and when the newest ones come out, they will set the bar again, saying small casing, big power and room to play!

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

Yeah they arent the prettiest, but damn, for not having a pretty exterior, their interiors are gorgeous! Cause thats what makes it happen!

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

there are a very small amount of old school amps I will run and just hide but most of my stuff the late 1990's early 2000's is where I draw the line

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

pretty much, I do like the helix diamond audio d7 style as well. I just don't like the huge long ones or the ones with stupid colors and stuff. needs to be clean. I like the original fosgate power amps

mcintoshsigz.png

Archived