Sonic Electronix

So i have a 1997 Ford Explorer and just recently bought a 04 Explorer. I wanna take out my double din, and put it in the new explorer. My old one is sold im jsut taking evrerything out before they take the car tomarrow. I got my double din out, and put the factory back in place. It works, im ahppy but it doesnt sound good. Its muffled and bassy. Its annoying and i know tis the factory amp. It must be disconnected somewhere. All the plugs are in the factory h/u. Does anybody no where this factory amp is located so i can get this back together. thanks

Edited by pink_floyd

Lets Go Ski

right rear quarter panel.

If it was disconnected it wouldnt be playing through all the speakers.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

i had to take my car to a shop to get it installed because when i put in my old 9885, it would power up but nothing played. they fixed it somehow. did they use a special piece or something? and its so hard to take off the quarter panel, any suggestions?

Lets Go Ski

take the inside panel off of the cargo area, and ray is very much right, if the amp wasnt powering on or had no connection non eof the speakers would be playing, they make special pieces you buy to connect the factory amplifier to a new radio.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

I would bet that the piece is behind the radio, back in there somewhere.

it is basically a hi-low, that is needed to run a aftermarket deck and use the factory amp.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

you old radio sounds crappy because you were use to the new one you had in. i've had sounds in all of my cars and everytime it was time to trade them in i put the factory back in and man it sounded like garbage to the point where i thought it was messed up

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

yea i get what your saying but when i turn it full blast it you can barely hear anything. I have to ride with the window up so i can atleast hear something.

Ray, u say u think tis behind the h/u...any idea what to look for?

Lets Go Ski