Anyone Got Experience With Kenwood In-dash Nav?

Guys....I'm lookin into getting an in-dash Nav HU. I've got it narrowed down to 2 and want only experienced opinions on either unit. Why only these 2 units? Took back the pioneer z2 due to locking up issues and the Eclipse nav sucks...I don't want a nav system that relies on a dvd.

1) DDX8019 + G510 Nav

2) DNX7100

I can get both of these units for the same price. The only really differences that I see are the DNX7100 is a single unit, but the 8019 has 5 volt preouts...thoughts?? Pros/Cons of both units?

Thanks

Kev

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

the g510 works great..the only thing it lacks for me is when I'm headed to the downtown core of the city, it usually has 0 reception. My friend has the exact 8019 and the g510 and i've used the 7019 and the 617 flip out with the 510, all work great but both our gps take a dump in downtown. I love the 8019, especially when it comes to direct ipod video connect. Play videos while it charges ur Ipod! im probably gonna sell my 617 and go for the 8019, the GUI is funky n cool, processing speed is good as well

I see Booty

2007 Toyota Camry

19" VMR Rims

H&R Lowering Springs.

Magnaflow Exhaust System

K&N Air Intake

6k HID Projectors & Fogs w/ Black housed headlights.

Optima Yellow Top - Front. Kinetik HC 600 - Trunk

Kenwood KVT-617

Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.2

Rockford Fosgate T2001-BD - Sub Amp

Alpine MRV F-345 - Front stage

Front Stage - A pillars - Dayton Audio 4" mids w/ Vifa Tweeters

Front Doors - Vifa - 6.5" midbass 1" Vifa Tweeters

Subwoofers - 2x 12" Image Dynamics IDMAX - 2.91 cuft ported enclosure tuned at 25hz

Guest Nismofreak
Guys....I'm lookin into getting an in-dash Nav HU. I've got it narrowed down to 2 and want only experienced opinions on either unit. Why only these 2 units? Took back the pioneer z2 due to locking up issues and the Eclipse nav sucks...I don't want a nav system that relies on a dvd.

1) DDX8019 + G510 Nav

2) DNX7100

I can get both of these units for the same price. The only really differences that I see are the DNX7100 is a single unit, but the 8019 has 5 volt preouts...thoughts?? Pros/Cons of both units?

Thanks

Kev

are you installing it kev

shops in co suck so bad lol

do anyone know if you can play videos off a flash drive or hard drive on the 8019. i know you can play them off a ipod.

03 chevy impala lshu: JVC kw-nx7000comp: pg rsd 65cscomp amp: RF punch 500xwiring: 1/0 knukonceptz and 4 gauge Tsunamisub: 2 12" D1 Sundown Nightshadessub box: still need 1sub amp: 2x Aq 2200dsbattery: (front)Duralast Gold;(back) 2x Deka Intimidator g31electrical: big 3 in 1/0 gauge knu flexsecurity: Clifford Matrix 50.5x

Bossmaan.... Thanks for the input...have you guys out giggles compared it's reception or functionality to a portable garmin? How do they compare if so?

Nismo...yea 1) I always do my own work

2) Nobody touches my trucks but me

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

Guest Nismofreak
Bossmaan.... Thanks for the input...have you guys out giggles compared it's reception or functionality to a portable garmin? How do they compare if so?

Nismo...yea 1) I always do my own work

2) Nobody touches my trucks but me

lol...good thing kev. The only only good shop in co is sound on wheels but there prices are just to much...that is why I installed my viper on my own

good luck on the install

Archived