Sundown Audio

Blown Hifonics BXi1606 Pics

Guest 90accordman

ouch.. doesn't seem to bad.. well compared to a colossus cathing on fire  ;).... you goint to try and repair it?

SMDsigbannr4.jpg1995 Geo Prism . FI BTL 12 P chamfer, 3rdmagnet HIXMAX COIL 1/0 big 3 HIFONICS COLOSSUS 1.7 cubs tuned to 60hz in the works 2xTruck battery 1125 cca.

Guest 90accordman

Not my amp, dont even like the guy really who owns it, i just fiddle with any car audio i can get my hands on for the experience.  The Colossus was form running bridged at 1ohm, worked fine for like 6months then suddenly it doesn't.  I know its not rated for it, i got a smokin deal on it soi didnt really care.

out here, Hifonics are pretty cheap, because of places like Frys Electronics, and I think that was an amp they sell over there. But after looking at that amps guts, it looks like a good strong amp, minus that burned spot ofcourse

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

That looks like an easy fix. Well, compared to what I I've seen with the 1500D. I blew the whole output of it so bad the pcb trace lifted off the board and melted.

Team Pinnacle / Team SouthEastSPL / Team SoundStream / Team GPI / GPI Sales Rep for Florida and Georgia

My camera died. I'm not even sure if I still have the 1500d board around anymore. I know I stripped it down for the Hifonics logo and LEDs, for a project I was working on (haven't finished it...yet).

I'll try to get pics this weekend if I can get my roommates camera.

Team Pinnacle / Team SouthEastSPL / Team SoundStream / Team GPI / GPI Sales Rep for Florida and Georgia