XS Power

So Which Battery Would Fit My Needs?

So. I'm currently running a d3400 up front. I "have" a DC 270XP alternator which is in the process of being fixed. But I have my stock 130amp in right now. Running a DC 3.5k and Audison 2.9 (~4-600rms) and have very little voltage drop with stock alt. Barely 13.8-9 and idle. (I have a lot of rise. Lol) but I want a extra battery in the trunk to help bring voltage drop along 20 feet of wire back up in the 14s. At the battery I'm getting 14.4 and at the amp it's high 13s-14. Don't want overkill and am kind of limited on space. Is it fine to just buy a 1200 or smaller and put it in? Just a weird thought that it's going to be the first part of my electrical to receive current draw and didn't know if I need more or not?

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

First thing I would do is check the wiring from the battery to the amp. You should not be seeing that much drop in voltage, and actually you shouldn't have any drop in voltage.

You could go with a 1200, but just keep in mind that the bigger the battery you use the more reserve capacity you have to pull from. You are going to be running behind on alternator power, so you will be pulling from the batteries.

RealPower800x135_zps58408f90.jpg