Sonic Electronix

UPDATED 6/6/11

Need some one to make sure i have enough port area...

Untitled.jpg

DONT have drawn. Doing it now

Edited by Winn

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

I dont think you have any common port walls there by how you drew it. That might mess up your number.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

O and you can calculate the airspace of the 45's as a triangle.

(.5*base*height of triangle)* height of box.

To make it simple its the area of a triangle muntiplied by the height of the box. Simple geometry.

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

I dont think you have any common port walls there by how you drew it. That might mess up your number.

Then what is a common port wall? I thought it was a wall of the port not used but the exterior of the box??

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

Eh, just one common port wall...but I see how he figured he had 3...easy mistake for someone new to the torres machine. But yeah, to the OP, change your common port wall from three to one...it will affect your tuning slightly.

mivtCK.png

O shoot. My bad it is one common port wall, not 0. Thanks for catching my mistake Baker.

Big 3 with Yellow Top

Then what is a common port wall? I thought it was a wall of the port not used but the exterior of the box??

A common port wall is the wall that is shared by the port and the box. In other words, its the bottom side of the port you in the box you drew. Hope you can understand what I'm explaining. If you are like me, words are hard to visualize and I always need a picture...if so, let me know. I can post a pic up of a box with one, two, and three common port walls.

mivtCK.png

A common port wall is the wall that is shared by the port and the box. In other words, its the bottom side of the port you in the box you drew. Hope you can understand what I'm explaining. If you are like me, words are hard to visualize and I always need a picture...if so, let me know. I can post a pic up of a box with one, two, and three common port walls.

Could you do that for me actually? :pardon: Because now I am confused. I also think I have made a few boxed wrong now.......

Big 3 with Yellow Top

O and you can calculate the airspace of the 45's as a triangle.

(.5*base*height of triangle)* height of box.

To make it simple its the area of a triangle muntiplied by the height of the box. Simple geometry.

I knew that equation but i didnt know it could be used here lol. I will do that for sure

BTW. What length should my 45s be i was thinking 3 to 4 inches

Edited by Winn

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE