Sonic Electronix

O and you can calculate the airspace of the 45's as a triangle.

(.5*base*height of triangle)* height of box.

To make it simple its the area of a triangle muntiplied by the height of the box. Simple geometry.

I knew that equation but i didnt know it could be used here lol. I will do that for sure

BTW. What length should my 45s be i was thinking 3 to 4 inches

Its cool. I overthink/overlook things alot.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

And also, to the OP...IDK if you know alot about box building, but I'm gonna assume not since you posted this up. Just to help, here is the rule of thumb with your 45's...it always helps to put it directly in front of your port.. So for you, put it against the bottom wall, and the wall directly in front of the port opening. In other words, if you reach your hand through the port opening, put it against the wall you touch, and the bottom of the box...this way when the air is moving in and out of the port, it hits the 45, and not a 90. And if you have room, do it directly above that 45 also...against the back wall and the top baffle. But no where else. There is a thread somewhere on here where a guy tried everything possible to see which "idea or method" works best...and that included a 45 in every corner of the box...and directly in front of the port worked the best. But better than 45's is actually pvc pipe. Cut it into 1/4 pieces, and you are left with a small curve, and put that in the corners instead of the 45...the only downside is you can't screw these into place. It ussually takes a little bit of fiberglassing for this method...or duct tape. LOL!

mivtCK.png

Then what is a common port wall? I thought it was a wall of the port not used but the exterior of the box??

A common port wall is the wall that is shared by the port and the box. In other words, its the bottom side of the port you in the box you drew. Hope you can understand what I'm explaining. If you are like me, words are hard to visualize and I always need a picture...if so, let me know. I can post a pic up of a box with one, two, and three common port walls.

Could you do that for me actually? :pardon: Because now I am confused. I also think I have made a few boxed wrong now.......

picture now!!!! and so i did the common port walls wrong? if so how many do i have?

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

BTW. What length should my 45s be i was thinking 3 to 4 inches

Any "reasonable" length you want...but remember, the bigger you make them, the more usable space it eliminates from the box.

mivtCK.png

You only have 1 common wall.

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

you need to put sub displacements in

That, or he also said he might run them inverted.

Big 3 with Yellow Top

And also, to the OP...IDK if you know alot about box building, but I'm gonna assume not since you posted this up. Just to help, here is the rule of thumb with your 45's...it always helps to put it directly in front of your port.. So for you, put it against the bottom wall, and the wall directly in front of the port opening. In other words, if you reach your hand through the port opening, put it against the wall you touch, and the bottom of the box...this way when the air is moving in and out of the port, it hits the 45, and not a 90. And if you have room, do it directly above that 45 also...against the back wall and the top baffle. But no where else. There is a thread somewhere on here where a guy tried everything possible to see which "idea or method" works best...and that included a 45 in every corner of the box...and directly in front of the port worked the best. But better than 45's is actually pvc pipe. Cut it into 1/4 pieces, and you are left with a small curve, and put that in the corners instead of the 45...the only downside is you can't screw these into place. It ussually takes a little bit of fiberglassing for this method...or duct tape. LOL!

So should i add 45s to each corner of the box? or just the back wall? i dont really know. how to make the port rounded off. where there is less port noise. or anything

Does anyone think that box deisgn will work? with the port being square? and not kerfed

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

you need to put sub displacements in

:No: Inverting depends on the final displacement of everything i want around 6 to 6.5 without sub displacement and if it is to much air space i will run normal

Edited by Winn

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE