Second Skin Audio

Dc xl 15 box build

Need help build a box my last on broke my xl killed the box max specs are LxWxH is 26x32x14 I would like it tuned around 35hz so come on guys someone please help me out

Any ideas about how to make it stronger would be great to I'm using 3/4" mdf and liquid nail I'm thinking about fiberglass resin any help would be great!!!

#winning

2 DC AUDIO XL 12s

2 hifionics 2600

2 Deka yellow tops

big 3

Bacon strips and

Bacon strips and

Bacon strips

no not really , just figure out what the volume of bracing you use, im thinking for the size of your box it would be around .125-.250 cubic feet tops , so minus that from the vb , it will only change the port length 1/2"-1" or so and 1 htz should not be too big of a deal ...

and you bracing should be front to back, side to side , top to bottom , just make sure it does not flex, you can use 2x4's mdf strips , round rods , any thing to brace it

Edited by moto211

CHECK OUT MY YOU TUBE PAGE

http://www.youtube.com/user/motoxxx211?feature=mhee

[/size]

A poor build killed the last box...

Lots of bracing, if you're concerned about losing volume to bracing try using 1" dowels or 3/4" threaded rods with nuts and washers. Use wood glue and clamps instead of relying on screws to hold it together, and don't forget to double baffle!

EDIT: Sorry I came off sounding like a complete dick with that first line.... Don't let that get you down- we were all where you are at one point.

Edited by srp365

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

sorry but voltage drop & clipping is what killed the sub, not the box... :pardon: .

My sub is fine bro lol it's a monster can not be killed and I solved my voltage prob too:)

#winning

2 DC AUDIO XL 12s

2 hifionics 2600

2 Deka yellow tops

big 3

Bacon strips and

Bacon strips and

Bacon strips