2 DDZ Z4 15" and a Warhorse!!!!

You sir, have given me some ideas.

Glad i could help trust me a lot of thought went into my builds trying to get everything to fit lol.

The ONLY thing I see is a amp that does not have the proper amount of current! Read the manual, 2 alternators and 8 batteries minimum. Hope your amp last, I've seen one bite the dust for the same reason!

The manual says 2 200A alt and 8 800A batteries I Have a 300A alt which is the biggest i could get and 2 batteries which are 6000A each so i compensated for the alt with the batteries. If you do the math 8 X 800 = 6400 and 2 X 6000 = 12000 So its not underpowered like you think.

Glad i could help trust me a lot of thought went into my builds trying to get everything to fit lol.

The ONLY thing I see is a amp that does not have the proper amount of current! Read the manual, 2 alternators and 8 batteries minimum. Hope your amp last, I've seen one bite the dust for the same reason!

The manual says 2 200A alt and 8 800A batteries I Have a 300A alt which is the biggest i could get and 2 batteries which are 6000A each so i compensated for the alt with the batteries. If you do the math 8 X 800 = 6400 and 2 X 6000 = 12000 So its not underpowered like you think.

I'll let you tell the story to Kicker...by the way we posted a 153.7 with 2 Kicker Solo X 18s on a Sundown 4000 watt amp! The Warhorse on the same set-up you have mentioned, AND SOME, only did 149.8! Something to think about huh?

do you have the box sealed off from the trunk? that would prolly help you on the meter

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

I'll let you tell the story to Kicker...by the way we posted a 153.7 with 2 Kicker Solo X 18s on a Sundown 4000 watt amp! The Warhorse on the same set-up you have mentioned, AND SOME, only did 149.8! Something to think about huh?

Well what ohm load was it at? What was the limiter set at? What kind of power were you sending it? A lot of things could be the cause of that cause the way you connect a warhorse is way different than any amp. Also ive been running my warhorse for almost 8 months under that set up with the limiter all the way down which means full power and its never even shown a glimmer of going out so i think im safe.

do you have the box sealed off from the trunk? that would prolly help you on the meter

Sealing the trunk won't help the voltage, or keep that 10,000 from cooking due to a lack of voltage! :No:

Sealing the trunk won't help the voltage, or keep that 10,000 from cooking due to a lack of voltage! :No:

Hes right but the fans they put on the amp are really well placed and even with playing it for extended periods that amp never gets more than warm to the touch

Archived