question for the guys runnin 16 volt systems

i ran my sd 12ks on 16 volts all the time i use the kintic 16v batts i have 8 for sale right now for 120 a batt and alts to go with them they charge at 19 volts and have a 12 volt side for your car

i had no issues with running 16 volts to a 12 k not sure on the 16k i would start at 17.p.9 volts for db drag and drop to 16.5 volts during bass race i had 15 total batts for 2 12k's

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

i ran my sd 12ks on 16 volts all the time i use the kintic 16v batts i have 8 for sale right now for 120 a batt and alts to go with them they charge at 19 volts and have a 12 volt side for your car

i had no issues with running 16 volts to a 12 k not sure on the 16k i would start at 17.p.9 volts for db drag and drop to 16.5 volts during bass race i had 15 total batts for 2 12k's

what did your batts voltage rest at?

if u have 2 ask dont run 16 volt

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

at what point on voltage drop did you feel you should back off?

Would you take a 12 volt battery below 12 volts? No.

So one would assume it is not good to take a 16 volt battery below 16 volts.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

if u have 2 ask dont run 16 volt

i never asked i just did it!

so if you have to ask dont do it??

hmmmm well you gotta start somewhere and getting info befor you start is not a bad idea

im pretty sure you had to ask some one how to hook up an amp for your first time set gain ect. but if you had to ask you should not do it soooooooooo you would of never hooked up an amp or build a box cause you had to ask?

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

i dunno. i see guys pulling 10volt on 12 volt set ups all day. i know its not good. talking to some battery manufactures they say running the battery down like that is shortening the life of the battery but technically its ok on deep cycles.

back on the 16v topic. i have a 01 sequoia so dual alts wont happen. i have a 300amp mechman in there now but i rely on battery bank due to no way in hell am i fitting another alt in there. im going to have to isolate and step down the voltage for the rest of mt 12 volt system.

for that is why my concern is voltage drop.