DC Sound Lab

dc xl 15 problems... bass does not sound right

The suggested 4.5ft box is way to big after displacement. 3.5-3.9 is about perfect after displacement for 2k watts imo. Set your gains like cj said and that will help severely. Read up and learn what you should already know. Clipping is basically sending a dirty signal to your amp, causing it to put out a TON of power, more than the amp should be making. This can and will harm your amp and sub In the long haul. Also, check and see how hot your amp is getting. If clipping and such so severely it could be cutting out from the heat. Turn your gains down and bassboost off and set gain accordingly. Also, If you have a pos hu it could also be the one clipping. Need a scope to figure that out though.

Just read what your voltage is reading...Jesus, time for electrical upgrades. Do the big 3 as soon as you can.

Edited by tonedeaf

I disagree with the sweet spot being 3 - 3.5. I think that's only if you're rubbing 2500 rms+ 1500 I'd open it up to around 4.5.

Also check and make sure you don't have a loose connection in the box.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

I disagree with the sweet spot being 3 - 3.5. I think that's only if you're rubbing 2500 rms+ 1500 I'd open it up to around 4.5.

I agree on the box size

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

I agree on the box size

I have the same sub in a 3.6 cube box and that thing is loud. I'm running it on a dc 2k, but I don't think 3.5 is to small for that sub. Rusty told me that was the best size box for that sub, and I figure that man knows what he is talking about. Not saying anyone else is wrong about his box, but mine is pretty dang loud.

2012 Nissan Altima SL

DC M2 Lvl 3 12" with AR cone

DC 1.2K Amp

Kicker Sum8

Kicker 4 Gauge amp kit

XS Power D2700

1.5 Cubic ft net tuned to 38Hz

whats cliping? and i have a subaru legacy 2009 its got a 110 alternator and i have a diehard battery its pretty big im gettin a xs soon but i get like 12.77 volts i think but i havnt checked while there playing

12.77 volts when its not playing? Christ...

lol ok guys i read my multimeter wrong im getting 14.5 much better and thats my second battery too with 0 gauge and new box is tomorrow

#winning

2 DC AUDIO XL 12s

2 hifionics 2600

2 Deka yellow tops

big 3

Bacon strips and

Bacon strips and

Bacon strips