Second Skin Audio

DC Level 4 12" box

sps1989

what would be the best ported box size for this sub? i only have one at the moment and would like to do a few competitions with it. i want the most dbs as possible. if you want you can just give me the cubic feet and the tuning hz and i can do the rest

how much power are u going to run on it?

i have 800 w on it right now but am getting another amp soon that is at least 1000 w but im gonna try to stay as close to rms as i can unless its better to push it a little more

id go with 2 cubes. what type of music do u listen to mostly?

i listen to pretty much everything but i really like the bass in rap/hip hop. and is 2 cubes including the sub and port or just the port or what. i have it in a box that is 2.3 cubes without the sub and tuned to 33 hz and it hits the lows great but doesnt really have the dbs. my highest was only 134.0

*EDIT* my box is 1.905 with the sub in it and including the port. and its tuned to roughly 33.69 hz

Tune higher and go with a bigger box if you want a burp box using RMS power. If you still want to play music with it then just up the tuning a little to get more output without killing your low-end response. If you actually want to go to competitions, then you're going to need to build a burp box to get the most out of your situation(assuming the class you're in uses test-tone burps). What vehicle is this in?

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

Tune higher and go with a bigger box if you want a burp box using RMS power. If you still want to play music with it then just up the tuning a little to get more output without killing your low-end response. If you actually want to go to competitions, then you're going to need to build a burp box to get the most out of your situation(assuming the class you're in uses test-tone burps). What vehicle is this in?

ok how much bigger and to what hz? and its in a 02 silverado 1500hd 4 door

Archived