Things that piss you off in the Car Audio world.

I understand your problems with your car, mine has 251000 miles on it. Hasnt needed anything major good thing. My trunk leaks and caused the prefab box i had get mold in it so i hit it over many many times with an ax, and a sledge.

And running over it... Several times :P

I understand your problems with your car, mine has 251000 miles on it. Hasnt needed anything major good thing. My trunk leaks and caused the prefab box i had get mold in it so i hit it over many many times with an ax, and a sledge. Here is the outcome:

photo.jpg

Also, i hate how when you talk to a beginner bass head and the stories about their uncles friend who blew out their window, and that you should invest in a "better" sub like a solo x and then it will be loud. You ask what they have in their car and they have nothing in except a 200w "maxx" amp and an 8 in a prefab... /rant

Well, my Volvo runs great, I just need to fix little problems here and there, and eventually replace the timing belts, which is fine, a car can run as long as you want as long as you're willing to take care of it.

My prefab when it got liquid damaged lost 80% of sound when I tried playing it, so I took it off, brought it to my back yard, and took it apart, and came to discover Absolute didn't even use woodglue, they used fucking staples to hold the box together. Only thing nice on the box was the terminals, which I'm keeping :), though I need those circle saw drill attachments to do that, or I'll just do bolt terminals.

Oh yeah, another thing that pisses me off in the car audio world, when people don't feed the rms of the sub. My view is to feed or overfeed(not too much though), not underfeed the sub's rms. My friend said he only feeds his W7 12's 750 watts each cause JL says it's optimum(another term that means it's enough to not clip them), screw what JL says, if I had his subs, I'd feed them at least 1k each.

I also seen people feed the sub using the amp's max watts to feed the sub accordingly. Like my other friend fed 2 CVR 15's with a Kenwood 1000 watt max amp because he thought that he was feeding them 500 watts each, even though it was actually 150 watts rms each.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

I took mine out too. Yep volvos are the bomb. I have a timing chain on mine, and even at such high miles, it burns less oil than bmw's spec. That box probably sounded so "hissy".

Another thing i hate is not having a paypal on my own, nor being old enough to get one. That means my parents are the ones that do all the paypal stuff, and hate that im spending so much on audio. Why do you think i worked to hard this summer? To save it? Nah, i want to spend it on an sa 12 and a quality amp.. She said i was spending too much on "noise"....

1983 Bmw 320i 5 speed 251000 miles on it

Sundown SA-12d2

Big 3

Optima 75-25

Jensen hlx600 150x4 amp

Hifonics BRZ-1200.1D for sub in a 1.7ft^3 ~33hz ported box

Pioneer USB stereo

Bass knob integrated into old fading switch (Sneaky)

Lowered on H&R sport springs with bilstein sport shocks (2" drop and handles like a dream)

Leave him be. He's just talking shit and laying on his bathroom floor listening to Dashboard Confessional. Let nature take it's course and pump this chick in the butt. Let her know who's boss.

Cost of good equipment, time it takes to save an buy it all :P (14 months just to get it all, Dad with 3 kids ....)

People who dont Know or care that 800+ watts takes more than just a Amp....

Freaking Rattling Cars!! SOUND DAMPENER! SOUND DAMPENER! SOUND DAMPENER!

Glasspack Muffler!! OMG thats not how a car should sound .

People who think PreFab boxes are good for .... anything...

Cost of spl alternator :(

flea market people selling noobs "5000" watt amps that weigh 2 lbs LMAO

Walmart car audio section, people who think its ok to buy from Walmart car audio.

Being told "You have kids why would you have so much bass!" WTF like i would ever put my 2 year old in my SPL rig!

"Walmart Where Car Audio Is Both Funny and Sad" "The weak are meat, and the strong do eat..."

YAY!!! my amp is a fucking trooper. no internal damage. let it dry overnight and it came back good as new today!

430388_2907616977657_1477542231_32398355_121202248_n.jpg

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

I took mine out too. Yep volvos are the bomb. I have a timing chain on mine, and even at such high miles, it burns less oil than bmw's spec. That box probably sounded so "hissy".

Another thing i hate is not having a paypal on my own, nor being old enough to get one. That means my parents are the ones that do all the paypal stuff, and hate that im spending so much on audio. Why do you think i worked to hard this summer? To save it? Nah, i want to spend it on an sa 12 and a quality amp.. She said i was spending too much on "noise"....

Yeah, If I find a job, I'm hoping to save up for an aftermarket water pump, and timing belt kit, and pay my friend $100-$200 to install for me since he's good with cars. The box sounded pretty ok, it was just too small for my CVR12, it was 1.67cut ft before displacement, and the CVR12 asks for at least 1.75, and it was tuned in the 40's, so it didn't sound that great, nor deep, and feeding it 600 rms didn't do much either. Box I'm building will be at 2.25cu ft, and tuned to 34hz, I just need to find someone who can cut pieces for me since Lowes suck.

Yeah, it sucks being under 18, and you'll find Paypal very useful, especially when you connect it to your bank account.

Car Audio is hobby like anything else, plus you're young, so enjoy your life, and go crazy with car audio. Plus other common teenager hobbies can get just as expensive if money is an issue, like Skateboarding can get expensive, Hunting, BMXing, Fishing, Electric Guitar/Bass playing, PC Gaming since Videocards are expensive, Home Audio, Doing crazy stuff to old trunks to go mudding, RC cars, etc.

I know most of my money is going towards my car :D

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Very true. All hobbies are money pits, really. I just say that its better than being into drugs. I have done all the work on this car, from alignments to steering racks to valve adjustments. My car is my life, and if anything happened to it i would be devastated... The prefab i had was like 1.3 cu ft per sub tuned to 38. Sounded bad and could not play low. That was for 2 kicker comp 12's. What volvo?

1983 Bmw 320i 5 speed 251000 miles on it

Sundown SA-12d2

Big 3

Optima 75-25

Jensen hlx600 150x4 amp

Hifonics BRZ-1200.1D for sub in a 1.7ft^3 ~33hz ported box

Pioneer USB stereo

Bass knob integrated into old fading switch (Sneaky)

Lowered on H&R sport springs with bilstein sport shocks (2" drop and handles like a dream)

Leave him be. He's just talking shit and laying on his bathroom floor listening to Dashboard Confessional. Let nature take it's course and pump this chick in the butt. Let her know who's boss.

Yeah, drugs are really bad and really expensive, plus music, and bass is my true drug anyways :D

1998 Volvo S70, non turbo 2.4L Straight 5, FWD basic model

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Very true. All hobbies are money pits, really. I just say that its better than being into drugs. I have done all the work on this car, from alignments to steering racks to valve adjustments. My car is my life, and if anything happened to it i would be devastated... The prefab i had was like 1.3 cu ft per sub tuned to 38. Sounded bad and could not play low. That was for 2 kicker comp 12's. What volvo?

"Have you ever listened to a REALLY loud car stereo........ON WEED?"

- Jon Stewart

Very true. All hobbies are money pits, really.

Life is a money pit. Why try and fight the impossible?

Archived