Sonic Electronix

Hey guys. This is my first build, totally and 100% my design and setup. I've always had a system in my car, but I never built one, so I thought I'd give it a run. Everything is going great so far. But I just want to know how so set the amp for my subwoofer. I have a JL Audio 12W7-3, and a Hifonics BRZ1200.1d amplifier. Any help is appreciated. Also, is there any danger of running a direct power line to my head unit? It is an Alpine CDA-9805. Yea its old but I love the damn thing. And also, I know Hifonics is Wal-Mart, compared to JL in most people's opinion but I like it, and I've seen good things from it.

All help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

"The last to quit, the first to buy the beer"

may be a stupid question, but what is an o-scope

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oscilloscope

Basically tells you when your amp and headunit are clipping so you can properly set your gains. They aren't cheap though, be prepared to drop at least $150-$200 on one.

You can use a digital multimeter which is much cheaper to set your gains as well but it won't be nearly as accurate as an oscope.

You never want to set the gains by ear or just guess, especially when you're running an expensive sub like a W7. Clipping = toasted subs.

Edited by canderton01

2002 Camry XLE

35% tints all around

17'' Enkei FD-05 rims

Fi Q15 in 3.8cu ft box tuned to 32Hz

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

AudioQue AQ1200d

4 Gauge Tsunami wiring/RCA's

mids/highs - OEM JBL system

AudioTechnix Deadner

Big 3 upgrade

My YouTube

I love Hifonics, and would gladly put it against anything expensive as far as quality goes. I've never had an issue with them, and really don't hear too much negs about them, just the occasional bash from somebody that is silver spoon fed. Lol. Back to topic, would a decent car audio place have an o-scope to set the gains with?

Hey guys. This is my first build, totally and 100% my design and setup. I've always had a system in my car, but I never built one, so I thought I'd give it a run. Everything is going great so far. But I just want to know how so set the amp for my subwoofer. I have a JL Audio 12W7-3, and a Hifonics BRZ1200.1d amplifier. Any help is appreciated. Also, is there any danger of running a direct power line to my head unit? It is an Alpine CDA-9805. Yea its old but I love the damn thing. And also, I know Hifonics is Wal-Mart, compared to JL in most people's opinion but I like it, and I've seen good things from it.

All help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

Is there any danger of running Direct Power off the battery to my Head Unit?

I had to run a direct line to my head seeing as I burnt out the stock one :rolleyes: and nothings gone bad yet, just put a fuse on the line that's rated the same as the one on your head. Also, try to keep the fuse within 1 ft of the battery.

Future winner of RSOTM: Redneck System of the Month

logo-pyle.gif phoenix-gold-logo.jpg

Thanks guys for the advice. Hopefully I can get this stuff knocked out. The reason I have asked about the direct line is my head unit will not turn on with the stock harness, and I have checked rechecked and checked again every damn fuse there is and one was blown, I replaced it, and still nothing. What do I need to do with the ignition wire?