Sonic Electronix

People say 1500RMS is fine on stock electrical

Okay this thread is terrible only like 4 people here know what they are talking about

If I were you I'd have a whole new run of 1/0 to the trunk for ground so that way you eliminate the grounding issue and then get and xsd2400 or bigger up front.

Boom, no more problems.

Good luck and goodnight

Ps I ran 3000ish watts on 100% stock electrical besides big 3. And right now I'm tuning my rf 2500bd-cp on stock with big 3 with hardly any voltage drop.

Stock ftw!!!

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

Okay this thread is terrible only like 4 people here know what they are talking about

If I were you I'd have a whole new run of 1/0 to the trunk for ground so that way you eliminate the grounding issue and then get and xsd2400 or bigger up front.

Boom, no more problems.

Good luck and goodnight

Ps I ran 3000ish watts on 100% stock electrical besides big 3. And right now I'm tuning my rf 2500bd-cp on stock with big 3 with hardly any voltage drop.

Stock ftw!!!

Stock electrical varies smart guy it looks like you're running a newer Trail Blazer so whats that? like a 150a STOCK? You're also running efficient amplifiers ALL setups are different and yes I'm going to do that run my ground to the front battery because im sick of ground issues or possiblities. and why would I want a XS2400? I only need like a 1200? lol

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

DC 15" Level 3's /w 4 Coils

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Audiopipe 1500.1D @ 14.4v

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

Coming Soon: 270xp / xs1200

Ok just went outside this is what I've done:

Checked idle voltage with car on: 13.95-14.0v (warm)

Checked power from Alternator from battery full tilt: 13.98 lowest was 13.93

Checked ground to battery: 13.98 constant (ground was perfect)

Check Power at amplifier and ground: Read EXACTLY the same maybe .01-.02 difference then upfront.

Set Head Unit to play @ 48volume instead of 58 (helped a TINY bit)

Set LPF @ half on my amplifier and @ 80 on my HU

Set SSF @ half of half on my amplifier (probably 30hz)

Set Gain to 1500RMS VIA DMM with 50hz 0db tone from Decaf.

I checked the subwoofer hot a fawk! after 5 minutes of doing this could it be the sun? its like 90-95 degrees here. I NEVER went below 13v hell I dont even think it went below 13.5v most the time it was close to 14v. So what does this mean? my grounds seem to check out just fine doesnt mean i wont change them up to something better but I dont think its that or my wire.

Even when I first built the box it didnt seem to get this hot im about the chalk it upto the weather since my jeeps not tinted and it was hot as fuck in there when I went to test and this morning when I stuck my hand on the dustcap before even playing it felt like it gonna blow from the heat lol Then again this didnt happen last summer to my Fi 15" and the smell doesnt make sense ugh any more suggestions guys since I just narrowed it all down?

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

Hmm.. I don't get how though? does this mean I should contact dave for a recone or rebuild? ugh... I dont get how it CAN be the subwoofer ive done nothing to it to make this change happen except build a bigger/lower box.

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

No I have no clamp :( but I'd imagine close to 14v full tilt it cant be electrical issues... Ill see if I can dig one up. How do I test with a clamp?

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

bump

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

put the clamp around the positive speaker wires, and a DMM on the pos and neg wires. find the current and voltage at any given frequency, multiply the current by the voltaged and youll get your power after rise. I would do several frequencies. that will tell you how much power youre getting after drop and rise.

Ok I just talked to dave for like an hour its not the subwoofer its my amplifier and electrical so I need to upgrade whats amps do 1500RMS with easy that arent hella expensive? and Im probably gonna run a 2400 in the rear.

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga