Sonic Electronix

People say 1500RMS is fine on stock electrical

Im running about 2000RMS with my highs and lows... I have a 90a brand new stock alternator usually around 14.4v cold and 13.5v warm. I run an AP1500.1D and even when driving my subwoofer get really hot and sometimes smells. Ive metered the amplifier and set it to 1500RMS off a DMM with 50hz tone. My box is 6.7cft @ 27hz. I have a brand new battery from Walmart (lmao) and big III with 0 gauge. So essentially im stock, yet @ 1500-2000RMS tuned my system gets really hot to the point where I have to turn it back and its not even loud anymore. Gain is half of half way and I know its probably clipping since my woofer can handle 1600rms daily.

What upgrades other than alt would help me out? and if so what size alt (not DC im not paying retarded prices) would get me by reason i wouldnt buy an expensive alt is because this jeep is old and it needs an engine rebuild.

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

DC 15" Level 3's /w 4 Coils

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Audiopipe 1500.1D @ 14.4v

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

Coming Soon: 270xp / xs1200

weird, my GFs 1500 on stock electrical only gets mildly warm, on a lvl 4 15 D2 ran at 1 ohm... and her shit is completely stock...

bassboost up? gains on the headunit turned up?

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Headunit is 58 out of 63 (not clipping i dont think.) with 0 out of +6 bass. I never turn bass boost on and Im not even using a knob. It varies sometimes it's mildly warm and sometimes its really hot I guess it depends what song and how charged my battery is and if im driving or sitting. But today even driving with the bass down less than usual it was REALLY hot to the point it was gonna start smelling.

Maybe its because im running a 4 channel too so its more like 1800RMS? Plus this amp isnt efficient and only does rated @ 14.4v so that could play role too any suggestions what I can do improve/fix this other than turning my shit down so i can bearely hear it.

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

Im running about 2000RMS with my highs and lows... I have a 90a brand new stock alternator usually around 14.4v cold and 13.5v warm. I run an AP1500.1D and even when driving my subwoofer get really hot and sometimes smells. Ive metered the amplifier and set it to 1500RMS off a DMM with 50hz tone. My box is 6.7cft @ 27hz. I have a brand new battery from Walmart (lmao) and big III with 0 gauge. So essentially im stock, yet @ 1500-2000RMS tuned my system gets really hot to the point where I have to turn it back and its not even loud anymore. Gain is half of half way and I know its probably clipping since my woofer can handle 1600rms daily.

What upgrades other than alt would help me out? and if so what size alt (not DC im not paying retarded prices) would get me by reason i wouldnt buy an expensive alt is because this jeep is old and it needs an engine rebuild.

Anyone else find something wrong with that?

Could try using diodes to step up your voltage, would give you a little extra out of the alternator.

Thread about it > My link

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

put another battery in the back.

is all your wiring 1/0 not just the big 3.

and is it 100% copper wire not CCA?

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

An xs power d975 in the back or the smaller one the 625 or something itll help lots

Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center]

Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/

2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp

17" gold bbs

5% tint all around w/sunglare strip

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe

I'm running Knuconceptz Kollosus as my Big III and some cheap 0 gauge to the back which is split into two 4's with a 0ga to 2 4ga. I've checked that Diodes stuff out and im concidering it but I read it doesn't help much on low stock alternators. Also I'm not great with this stuff so I dont want to do soemthing that risky when I don't know what i'm doing. My AP1500.1 only accepts 2-4GA I tried 0ga and half the wire would stick out.

I was concidering putting an XS1200 in the rear but I heard mixing batteries was bad? and if I put another battery in the back wouldnt that just strain my alternator more?

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

try adding another batt to the back. Sometimes if there is more juice available, it wont work your engine/alt/equip as hard..

its ur voice coil on ur sub, i had audiopipes that did that, swapped them out for sa-12s.. problem solved..

LOL I'm not running AP subwoofers im running an AP amplifier my subwoofer is a beast my friend... That's why I know its clipping because this amplifier cannot even supply enough juice to over-power my subwoofer even if it was 14.4v constant.

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga