Sonic Electronix

Me and my buddy would like to get around to building a box for his 2 Kicker Comp c12s this weekend. So far he has one of them in a 1 cube or so prefab box, and another one waiting to be installed (I just got it for him for his birthday). They are both 4 ohm subs and will be wired in paralell to a bridged rockford fosgate t3002.

We were thinking of a 4th order bandpass box with 1.5 cu.ft in 1 chamber tuned to 55hz with a 4 inch aeroport and the other chamber at 1.75 cubes.

Does anyone think this is a good/bad box or think I should make some changes? My friend listens to mostly everything except for country.

3.532 cu. ft net volume tuned to 38 hz face and back 15" x 34 1/2" top and bottom 15 1/4" x 34 1/2" sides 15" x 16 3/4" 50 sq in. of port x 16" long

1992 Integra GS2 12" AQ SDC2.0 12

D.Payne, thanks, but I already looked at Kicker's boxes and looked at the frequency response on winISD. I tried to design him something that would get as loud as possible given the space he has and the music he listens to.

I was wondering if there were any changes or issues I need to be aware of with the box I designed. Or if it is so dismal that I need to rethink it all together. We would also be running above rms power to the subs and are trying to shoot for around 400w per sub.

Anyone else?

I ran two Kicker 15" Comps @ 500RMS (RMS level) and they barely liked it, I wouldnt recommend 400 each for the 12's thats just asking for trouble also do ATLEAST 2cft per chamber.

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

DC 15" Level 3's /w 4 Coils

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Audiopipe 1500.1D @ 14.4v

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

Coming Soon: 270xp / xs1200

I ran two Kicker 15" Comps @ 500RMS (RMS level) and they barely liked it, I wouldnt recommend 400 each for the 12's thats just asking for trouble also do ATLEAST 2cft per chamber.

Good to know about the about the power. As for chambers: There is only enough space to have 3.5 cubes between the two chambers. It is a 1986 bmw 318i and the limitation is that his parents want there to be some trunk space.

Can I get away with keeping it on the small side?

Would a single 4 inch aeroport by precision port be enough or should I get 2 4" ports / one 6" port?

Archived