Fi BTL n2 dual 2 wiring, need help fast

i checked my gain on my amp and my sub level on my deck. the gain is pretty high and my deck sub lvl is at 5. should i turn the gain down and my sub level up to 10?

NO. Turn your sub level on your deck to 0 and set your gains accordingly. The fact that you said your sub gets warm instantly and your gain is set high on top of your sub level being up on your deck are all indicators that you are clipping the shit out of your system, and you could have already burnt your voice coil.

At the very least, grab a dmm to set your gains, an oscope would be preferable though.

No offense, but this is exactly why it's not a good idea for beginners to run expensive equipment.

my friend is the one who tuned it, if your genna beak off than gtfo, comming from the kid running a fi Q LOL

I can tell you right now that with an attitude like that, you aren't going to get very far at all. The fact that you would even ask a question like that shows how little you really know LOL. What are you like 14? Grow the fuck up.

Your the one that started beaking off bud, never said I knew a lot about car audio, did you even see me say anything in that manner? no, so stop acting hard.

If you wana help me out without being a douche bag that would be awesome, but I'm not in the mood to have a beak fest with someone over the internet.

Dude chill the fuck out. You don't have to get offended by being labeled as a beginner. We all start out somewhere. I was just trying to offer some advice before you fuck your equipment up, and then you call me out, and make fun of my setup, then have the audacity to call me a wannabe hardass douche bag? Are you kidding me?

2002 Camry XLE

35% tints all around

17'' Enkei FD-05 rims

Fi Q15 in 3.8cu ft box tuned to 32Hz

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

AudioQue AQ1200d

4 Gauge Tsunami wiring/RCA's

mids/highs - OEM JBL system

AudioTechnix Deadner

Big 3 upgrade

My YouTube

i checked my gain on my amp and my sub level on my deck. the gain is pretty high and my deck sub lvl is at 5. should i turn the gain down and my sub level up to 10?

NO. Turn your sub level on your deck to 0 and set your gains accordingly. The fact that you said your sub gets warm instantly and your gain is set high on top of your sub level being up on your deck are all indicators that you are clipping the shit out of your system, and you could have already burnt your voice coil.

At the very least, grab a dmm to set your gains, an oscope would be preferable though.

No offense, but this is exactly why it's not a good idea for beginners to run expensive equipment.

my friend is the one who tuned it, if your genna beak off than gtfo, comming from the kid running a fi Q LOL

perfect example of someone with cash but no brains. honestly, i can have the cheapest sets of boss subs and i can still tune it right without blowing them. i could've easily said "with a BTL N2 and dont know how to wire it? what a fucking noob". but instead we trying to get a message across and you react like that? you probably dont deserve that sub, ESPECIALLY with that JBL amp you got(which i think its not worth investing in). just like canderton said, its not a good idea that BEGINNERS use expensive equipment without having any idea what you are doing.

Don't deserve that sub? i work for my money and yes i do deserve it. thats the reason why im here, to learn. you have to start somewhere right?

we got birds in here?? you hear beaking off...

the could be a competency test before buying dual voice coil subs...

and im sure your "friend" just turned up setting till it started sounding funny..

but why didnt the shop that installed it adjust the settings?

perfect example of someone with cash but no brains. honestly, i can have the cheapest sets of boss subs and i can still tune it right without blowing them. i could've easily said "with a BTL N2 and dont know how to wire it? what a fucking noob". but instead we trying to get a message across and you react like that? you probably dont deserve that sub, ESPECIALLY with that JBL amp you got(which i think its not worth investing in). just like canderton said, its not a good idea that BEGINNERS use expensive equipment without having any idea what you are doing.

Don't deserve that sub? i work for my money and yes i do deserve it. thats the reason why im here, to learn. you have to start somewhere right?

true, but starting big will make you loose BIG, especially when having little knowledge about car audio. check your voice coils through the basket to see if you already discolored them. if so, reconing time. but honestly, making fun of some else's set-up was a big no no. because we all could've jumped on you for having that JBL amp(which is not even pushing the sub) with the way you are wiring it(@ 4 ohm). plus having is clipped(distorted) to death is not a good thing.

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

k lets stop with the drama, just help me out.

i should upgrade my amp obvs, saying as my sub is a 2000 watt sub

which means i need to buy a bigger alt, 190's and start using 0 gauge. which amp do you suggest?

why not just wire it to 1 ohm?? and if that amps isnt 1 ohm stable then you bought the wrong sub and should of thought ahead.

which means i need to buy a bigger alt, 190's and start using 0 gauge. which amp do you suggest?

190s?

anyways, alt - DC power or Mechman

1/0 ga. wiring - knuconceptz

amp - DC sounds, Audioque, Crescendo, Audiopipe, Rockford Fosgate, Sundown, Digital Designs, Kicker(its 2ohm stable)..and few more i cant think of right now.

you will looking at around 1200-1500 with those 3 mention above, and still didnt include batteries too. Xs Power is what i recommend

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

we got birds in here?? you hear beaking off...

the could be a competency test before buying dual voice coil subs...

and im sure your "friend" just turned up setting till it started sounding funny..

but why didnt the shop that installed it adjust the settings?

because they tune them down for sound quality, not its full possible potential

why not just wire it to 1 ohm?? and if that amps isnt 1 ohm stable then you bought the wrong sub and should of thought ahead.

x2, he might be screwed for now if its not 1ohm stable.

190s?

anyways, alt - DC power or Mechman

1/0 ga. wiring - knuconceptz

amp - DC sounds, Audioque, Crescendo, Audiopipe, Rockford Fosgate, Sundown, Digital Designs, Kicker(its 2ohm stable)..and few more i cant think of right now.

you will looking at around 1200-1500 with those 3 mention above, and still didnt include batteries too. Xs Power is what i recommend

Should i be running more batteries? i have one yellow top, brand-new

Archived