Hybrid audio L3?

Guest MegaloManiac

Guest MegaloManiac

Hybrid Audio Legatia 3 they are 3in drivers.

Anybody messed with these? Are they worth the price($250 direct)

I listen to a variet y of music, but my fav bands i listen to are along the lines of John Mayer, Jack Johnson, the Killers and Matisyahu.

i also listen to pleanty of rap but when it comes to Sq on rap i dont care, so i want my Sq setup for the genre alternative.

legatia3001fl8.jpg

legatia3006pp3.jpg

ture dat but i think he was trying to say for 250 he would get a larger speaker to play lower... at least thats my feelings

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

Guest MegaloManiac

well i have the polymids for midbass. I am looking for midrange drivers, midrange doesnt require bigger cone-age. I think this is the most crucial part of any sq 3-way setup. but i dont have the cash for this yet :( you have any other 3-4" midrange drivers that are cheaper yet sound good...i've looked at partes express nothing appealing.

i want the midrange to handle at least 85 rms

well i have the polymids for midbass. I am looking for midrange drivers, midrange doesnt require bigger cone-age. I think this is the most crucial part of any sq 3-way setup. but i dont have the cash for this yet :( you have any other 3-4" midrange drivers that are cheaper yet sound good...i've looked at partes express nothing appealing.

i got some fnq 4s... ill see how much power they can handle... i was going to use a 250m but i didnt have the cash at the time so someone bought it like 2 days before i got it

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

Funny you should mention P.E.. The used to carry 'AUDAX' line. Not sure if they still do. I got a pair of the 3" paper cone drivers (wish I could remember the models) and was absolutly BLOWN AWAY by those things. They are made in france BTW. They are a bit on the conservative side on the RMS ratings. I piped around 100wrms into each (crossed over of course) and had zero issues. They were only rated at 50 max. I think I paid 50/ea for them.

Of course, if you go sealed-back they are much more efficient. You can get super loud with only 40wrms. The downside is you cannot tune the baffle.

- Matt

SMDsigbannr4.jpg FTW?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MegaloManiac

Funny you should mention P.E.. The used to carry 'AUDAX' line. Not sure if they still do. I got a pair of the 3" paper cone drivers (wish I could remember the models) and was absolutly BLOWN AWAY by those things. They are made in france BTW. They are a bit on the conservative side on the RMS ratings. I piped around 100wrms into each (crossed over of course) and had zero issues. They were only rated at 50 max. I think I paid 50/ea for them.

Of course, if you go sealed-back they are much more efficient. You can get super loud with only 40wrms. The downside is you cannot tune the baffle.

- Matt

so that 25watt rms/50watts max is only for a fullrange signal, so are you sure it can handle 100watt beating all day long if crossed over propely(lets say 250hz)? Do you have any pictures?