Sonic Electronix

I have 2 12" Kicker CVR's 4 ohm DVC wired in parallel to 1 ohm. I am looking for a quality amp at a decent price. Max budget is about 350 bucks. Doesn't have to be the latest and greatest on the market, just something that is known to be reliable and not overly sensitive to sitting in a 120 degree car for long periods of time. (No shade in the parking lot at work)Preferably a single channel amp as Subs are wired in parallel.

The amp that was fried is a bridged Sony Xplod 2200gtx I'm looking for something in that power range RMS. (Yes, I know. Sony amps are shit, but it was free.)

AudioQue AQ1200 - $250. Many people here including myself run AQ's and they are a proven brand. They also do over rated RMS on good electrical. Edited by canderton01

2002 Camry XLE

35% tints all around

17'' Enkei FD-05 rims

Fi Q15 in 3.8cu ft box tuned to 32Hz

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

AudioQue AQ1200d

4 Gauge Tsunami wiring/RCA's

mids/highs - OEM JBL system

AudioTechnix Deadner

Big 3 upgrade

My YouTube

Thanks for the input guys. I rode by the local Stereo shop here in town today and mentioned what y'all had recommended and I think I'm going with the AQ1200. I'm not going to be doing any upgrading as far as bigger subs, I'm happy with how the CVR's sound in my Rodeo. I've got Alpine's up front and Polk's in the rear for Mid's and high's and the sound is very well balanced, bass never overpowers the vocals and melodies.

But I do have a ported box that will need to be replaced sometime soon, any recommendations as far as online store vs visit the local shop to have one custom made? I like the box they are in now so something along those lines is what I'm looking for. It's and Audiopipe box if you aren't able to read it on the box.

Also, will 6ga. power and ground suffice for that amp or should I move to 4ga?

imag0005ge.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by JONBOY345

The shop didnt try to sell you "legit" brands like JL and Alpineh instead? Wierd. :trippy:

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)