Brands to go with ordered from greatest to least imo: Toshiba, HP (depending the line), Asus, Acer

Brands to stay away from IMO: Dell, Alienware

Between the ones you posted, Id buy the acer since its cheaper. Then I'd buy two 4 gig sticks of ram off newegg for under $60 and sell the stock sticks and recoup a couple dollars. It also has the numeric keypad which none of the HP's seem to have. You'd have a badass computer for very little money.

I also like those samsungs because of their specs and keypads. They also look nice and remind me of a toshiba. But I have no personal experience with samsung computers so hopefully someone else can chime in on those.

Well my budget is $850 and I plan on buying the laptop and not doing anything to do. Keep it bone stock as I do not know too much of what to upgrade. If I do not get the Acer and do not upgrade it what other choice would you choose? The Samsung SF510 looks nice and the HP Pavilion (#7 on the list) would you recommended either of those?

Car: 2012 Acura TL Elite

Head Unit: JL Audio Fix86

Front Stage : Alpine SPX-17PRO

Rear Stage : Alpine SPR-60C

Component Amp : JL Audio HD 600/4

Sub : 1 12" JL Audio W7

Sub Amp : JL Audio HD 1200

If you do not like to upgrade things I'd go for the samsung, I just did some research and it seems samsungs have good reviews and low failure rates. I was a technician for a year and never seen a samsung come through, although that could be because of them not being so popular.

That being said both laptops have their draw backs.

Pro's for the HP: Faster processor, e-sata ports (something that MAY be more useful in the future), windows 7 professional, backlit keyboard

Cons for hp: integrated graphics which means you'll be sharing your ram with graphics processing, not too bad if you dont ever play games, shorter battery life

Pro's for the Samsung: Dedicated graphics card, longer estimated battery life with the lithium polymer battery

Cons for Samsung: Windows home premium (still not bad), Lower line slower processor but it may still be quicker due to it having its own graphics processor

All in all its really what you plan to use it for, I think either of the laptops would be a great investment.

Edited by BassJunkie

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

If you do not like to upgrade things I'd go for the samsung, I just did some research and it seems samsungs have good reviews and low failure rates. I was a technician for a year and never seen a samsung come through, although that could be because of them not being so popular.

That being said both laptops have their draw backs.

Pro's for the HP: Faster processor, e-sata ports (something that MAY be more useful in the future), windows 7 professional, backlit keyboard

Cons for hp: integrated graphics which means you'll be sharing your ram with graphics processing, not too bad if you dont ever play games, shorter battery life

Pro's for the Samsung: Dedicated graphics card, longer estimated battery life with the lithium polymer battery

Cons for Samsung: Windows home premium (still not bad), Lower line slower processor but it may still be quicker due to it having its own graphics processor

All in all its really what you plan to use it for, I think either of the laptops would be a great investment.

The HP you were referring to was the HP # 7 and the Samsung SF510 on the list correct? I will be mostly using the laptop for internet browsing, youtube, e-mailing, school (MS Office software). Thats about it. Out of the Samsung and the HP what would you buy for the daily use I am going to use. One question both can burn DVD and CD right?

Car: 2012 Acura TL Elite

Head Unit: JL Audio Fix86

Front Stage : Alpine SPX-17PRO

Rear Stage : Alpine SPR-60C

Component Amp : JL Audio HD 600/4

Sub : 1 12" JL Audio W7

Sub Amp : JL Audio HD 1200

The HP you were referring to was the HP # 7 and the Samsung SF510 on the list correct? I will be mostly using the laptop for internet browsing, youtube, e-mailing, school (MS Office software). Thats about it. Out of the Samsung and the HP what would you buy for the daily use I am going to use. One question both can burn DVD and CD right?

Yep those are the ones i was looking at. If you're using it for school I'd still go with the samsung. Since its for school you would have a longer battery life and be able to take it to class and such. The samsung also has a numeric keypad which is great when you're doing school work, the hp does not have this pad.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

i agree with those who recommnd Toshiba... Im using a x205 series.. its like going on 6 years old i think... good gaming machine... out of date by todays standards but im still using it for gaming...

i live outside the US and i order laptops for my friends here... all kinds of brands... HP, Acer, Dell, Gateway, Toshiba, Lenovo, Compaq, Sony Viao and Asus.

Toshiba laptops never gave me any kind of issue... Had major problems with Acer, Compaq, HP and Lenovo... problems range from unexpected hard drive failures. RAM Failing. MotherBoard not responding. Batteries not charging... ect ect...

what ive learnd is that those companys get cheap parts that have a high failure rate...

my oppinion... Toshiba #1... best value for your money... Sony's are only good if you get the high end models ($1000+) ive also had good experience with dell and gateway...

My first truck... My first Real build...

*Update 8/9/10 DC Power 270xp Alt is In!!!*

1997 Toyota T-100 DC Level 5 18" in a T-line

Everybody wants their system to be....

1. Cheap

2. Reliable

3. Loud

...you can only pick two.

micahmye hertz pack