I am wanting to buy a laptop (this will be my 1st one) and really don't know too much about computers. So I decided to come here and ask you guys what would you recommended? I have been looking at samsung sf510 and 900x3a and some Dell ones. If you guys could tell me what is a good one that will last a while that would be great. My budget is between $600-$800. Thanks

Car: 2012 Acura TL Elite

Head Unit: JL Audio Fix86

Front Stage : Alpine SPX-17PRO

Rear Stage : Alpine SPR-60C

Component Amp : JL Audio HD 600/4

Sub : 1 12" JL Audio W7

Sub Amp : JL Audio HD 1200

Is it for just browsing the web etc..etc..

or do you plan on gaming with it at all?

Just for clarification, gaming != most browser games. Or the Solitare/Minesweeper/Freecell games that come with your computer.

I've had people tell me they were going to game and upon askingwhat they played, is was one of those. This has happened a few times. *sigh*

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

Just for clarification, gaming != most browser games. Or the Solitare/Minesweeper/Freecell games that come with your computer.

I've had people tell me they were going to game and upon askingwhat they played, is was one of those. This has happened a few times. *sigh*

Agreed.. I am talking about high end gaming like Call of duty or like games that require a good graphics card.

I might game on we'll see but I have a xbox 360 for doing that. For the most part it will be usual stuff like internet, watching movies(blueray play must), youtube, school stuff.

i just asked nate the same question yesterday. im looking for one in the same price range. he says this one is the best in it's price range.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834115977&Tpk=Acer%20Aspire%20TimelineX%20AS3820T

you can get it with i3, i5, or i7 processors. 11", 13", and 17" screens. im probably going to buy one today.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

There is no CD Drive with that

he wants to watch Blu-ray movies

im looking

i just asked nate the same question yesterday. im looking for one in the same price range. he says this one is the best in it's price range.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834115977&Tpk=Acer%20Aspire%20TimelineX%20AS3820T

you can get it with i3, i5, or i7 processors. 11", 13", and 17" screens. im probably going to buy one today.

This is the same one you posted correct?

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/acer-acer-aspire-intel-core-i3-380m-laptop-as7741-6426-black-as7741-6426/10166820.aspx?path=8666da3d769f62d135322b776c0ce3dben02

I'm looking to but it from the store not online so if you see any other good laptops from that site ors bestbuy.ca or any other Canadian site please feel free to share with me.

skittles thats not the same one you sent me last night different processor and hard drive.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Here is a nice one

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834131116

also personally I would stay away from Toshiba.. there hard drive's in my experience like to overheat and fail. I have worked on several with the same problem.

Edited by Hotdog