Sonic Electronix

Hello board!! New Member with a few questions

dc is a brand. their very underrated and are awesome powerhouses

some of the newer things these days

are dcsoundlab.com

sundownaudio.com

audioque.com

crecendo has some new amps out that are dirt cheap and are very strong crecendo amps you will have to call to place an order though

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

I will do some reading and see what I can come up with. I found a thread on another site that had pics of a sundown and crescendo and the two look exactly the same, the guys were kinda making the statement it was the same board...

I guess with build houses overseas this could actually happen..

And I'm talking about internals...

Edited by RyanWatts

I kinda got out of this when I was 17, just before DB Drag took off. What I find now is that it's not so much cone area but Xmax, power handling, and box build are what make DBs. Take time with your son to read from this forum, especially the stickies.

Wish I had a dad like you :)

EDIT: on the flip side, my 9 year old daughter (won her 3rd grade science fair project demonstrating how voltage affects a light bulb) wants to help me on my build, FTW!

Edited by srp365

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

You will see lots of walls on this site. Welcome back to the car audio world.

Just shop around. There are other brands of batteries than xs and alternators dc power is one that's a little cheaper than mechman.

Edited by toadking90

Thanks for the replys guys.

On one hand I think it is coming way to easy for my son. My first system was in my 1966 fairlane 500(should have seen the look on my grandpa's face when he saw it,bought the

Car from him...lol) I had two radio shack 10 and a radio shack 15 and a horrible pyramid amp. Then I had a couple Toby 12'a(any of you ever heard of Toby?). Anyway I think there is a good chance he my beat my 152 right out of the blocks...lol. On second thought anybody have a pyramid for sale...lol j/k

Edited by RyanWatts

You could run something else other then the kicker. Sundown is very underrated, but a little expensive ( still good for the power though). The crescendo 3k's from what i read and heard do have the same board as the sundown saz3000. Crescendo no longer carries the 3k and have a new line of amps avaible now. You could find some 3k's used, thats how i got mine. You could p.m. some Dc audio dealers on here and they can get you some prices on some amps and are very helpful. They dont publicly display there prices.

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3