150dB trunk build!!! with seats that don't fold?!?

Maybe impressive to you, but I would lose the street C talk. That's no where near being competitive. Need about 10 more db then your there. So ya we think thats a weak score, on a trunk level we see people doing 150 with regular design boxes. Thats kinda why we thought it was quiet. But as Ray says good luck long as your happy!

no one bothers with db drag here in Australia, its the loudest sedan in my state, which isn't hard.

but the point is, the seats don't fold, there's a gas tank in the boot, and it does the numbers at 36Hz.

as I said, show me another sedan that does this.

if my port is just a hole, then a port is just a hole, as my hole is a port.

let me rephrase what everyone is trying to say. your port is a hole. a real port is a CYLINDER. you shouldnt be able to stick your hand inside the port and be able to feel the backside of the baffle that the port is located on.

edit: i still cant believe how you have 700+ posts yet you dont even KNOW what the hell a simple port is supposed to look like. what the hell have you been posting thats informative?

let me rephrase what everyone is trying to say. your port is a hole. a real port is a CYLINDER. you shouldnt be able to stick your hand inside the port and be able to feel the backside of the baffle that the port is located on.

edit: i still cant believe how you have 700+ posts yet you dont even KNOW what the hell a simple port is supposed to look like. what the hell have you been posting thats informative?

lol, good one.

And port length decreases relative to the size of the box, I am pretty sure length is inversely proportional to the volume. So as volume increases, port length decreases.

Cars with full size walls, especially pure SPL cars, the length of the port is normally just the thickness of the baffle., the ported section of this 4th order is 7.4cuft, with about 13 inches of port area per cuft. For people who are into that sort of a theory, thats normally pretty good for a music tune [although I am not that way inclined]

Ryan

You can reach in Steve's port and touch the backside of his baffle ;)

I've just worked out why you're so confused about ports, no idea how you have 9,000 posts, and are still so confused though.

Image031.jpg

you have way too much port area for a single 12inch, plus, your box is tuned to 32Hz, which determines the low frequency response, while mine is a 4th order, meaning the tuning controls the high frequency roll off, its meant to be tuned high, which means you have a short port!

Archived