Sundown Audio

HELP Alpine PDX-M12 with 2 SWR-T12

ddog199

Isn't it better to run 4 ohms? I would like to run 2 swr-t12's at 600rms at 4 ohms off this one amp. Is it possible?

You likely wouldn't hear the difference. For your purposes, it doesn't matter.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

I'm sorry but I don't understand how it works... So there is no way with this amp to run 2 swr-t12 subs at 600rms @4 ohms

no. It is physically impossible.

If there are 2 ohm versions of that sub, then yes, you can buy those and run them at 4 ohms. But you can't run 2 4 ohm subs at 4 ohms.

Run them at 2 ohms. Be happy.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

Usually at higher impedances there are lower THD values. But as mentioned you wouldn't hear the difference.

If you want the amplifier to see a 4 ohms load. The only way you can do that is by having one amp per woofer.

777319156.png

Usually at higher impedances there are lower THD values. But as mentioned you wouldn't hear the difference.

If you want the amplifier to see a 4 ohms load. The only way you can do that is by having one amp per woofer.

I guess I should have stated "with the equipment you have/are planning to buy".

Regardless, why are you so resistant to running that amplifier at 2 ohms?

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

You can achieve the same goal with one amplifier. But if you insist on running full alpine and a 4 ohms load you can buy two PDX-M6's. That route would probably end up costing more money.

777319156.png

oh boy... so you plan on spending all the money on a pdx only to try to use it the way it was specifically designed not to do? if all you want is 600w at 4ohm you need a different amp, and different subs. so rethink your build.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

oh boy... so you plan on spending all the money on a pdx only to try to use it the way it was specifically designed not to do? if all you want is 600w at 4ohm you need a different amp, and different subs. so rethink your build.

'splain Lucy.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

'splain Lucy.

regular amp does less power at higher ohm loads. the pdx was designed to do the same power.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Archived